The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-17 10:20:46

richardshore
Website

Basic electrics problem - have disconnected instrument panel

Hello,

Thanks for letting me join your forum. Total newbie here and with both mechanics and electrics, but working hard to catch up - so - please be kind, or don't spend your time if you think I'm wasting it! And thanks for any help.

When fitting a new stereo into my Citroen Dispatch, I have managed to disconnect my instrument panel, and the overhead light in the cab.

The instrument panel seems to receive some switch power (I turn the key and it lights up) but the clock isn't going at all (it's stopped both with the key out, and with the key in the accessory position).

The overhead light is just permanently out.

While I root around and try and find what I have disconnected, does anyone knowledgeable have any good tips on how I might have managed this? As far as I can work out, and I was being careful, I've reconnected everything as I found it...

Thanks!

Rich

#2 2016-10-17 11:57:07

Casper

Re: Basic electrics problem - have disconnected instrument panel

I think you have just made an arse of it and blown a fuse. If you are talking about the early shaped van you only have one plastic block connector going into the clocks and this is well covered in the wiring loom. I dont even think it runs in the direction of the stereo. Could you have strands hanging out a live wire that you used making a short. Look at all the fuses. Unsure about the stereo fuse but some cover more than one item. What year is you van?

#3 2016-10-17 18:29:11

richardshore
Website

Really helpful advice - I did make a slight arse of it with an exposed wire by mistake exactly as you say, so sounds like sound advice.

It's a 2002.

Much appreciated helping with learning the basics smile Thanks.

#4 2016-10-17 20:15:21

Casper

Sounds like you want to take it out and start again. Does your stereo play?

Get a multimeter like this. B&Q sell them

http://www.theunderfloorheatingstore.co … oCKqHw_wcB

Stick it on 12 or 20v and with the ignition off find a live wire from the stereo wires. That will go to the continuous live on the stereo. Reason you need that is so the unit remembers the clock, radio stations etc when the ignition is off. Next you want a wire that is live when the ignition is on and then switch off you want teh power to go off. Think that should be a yellow wire. This is to power your unit. The wire diagram for the unit should say something like ignition live. Then you earth it, tend to be a black wire but some dont need it as the Ariel acts as an earth. Then you wire up the speakers. Just double check you are wiring into the stereos front speakers. Unless you have four speakers in your van. If still just teh two door ones ignore the rear speaker wires from your stereo.

#5 2016-10-17 20:27:37

Casper

Oh and you should have joined before the weekend as i was in Edinburgh on Sunday. I could have had a look for you. Remember you have a 2nd fuse box behind the glove box.

Good luck

Board footer