The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-05 17:16:55

Haydenw

Rock and Roll beds

Afternoon all.

For those of you who fitted Rock and roll beds - did you get / make one with seatbelts?

I'm thinking of re-jigging the interior of mine to include Rock and Roll beds however if I did that i'd like the option to use these as extra passenger seats (hence the need for belts) - then the possibility of fitting Swivel seats in the cab could become a reality (I need 3 seats as a minimum so the van works but with the R&R bed offering 2 x extra places I could lose the bench up front and fit the captains chairs).

So I guess i'm asking, for those who have gone down this route - who did you use and would you recommend them? Were they crash tested ones etc and how much would I be looking at? What dimensions did you make them to etc.....

TIA. Hayden.

Last edited by Haydenw (2017-02-05 17:17:41)

#2 2017-02-05 18:54:11

Casper

Re: Rock and Roll beds

How about if it fits a double from a boxer as that will lie flat (Think its boxer) This replaces your double up front and you put another in the back. Both flat gives you your bed. If only one sleeps in the van use a fold flat single from a people carrier as long as its the same height as the double. Your feet will be in the cab when sleeping and get the silver thermal blinds for privy. You will still have storage behind as you are now sleeping forwards and if using a rear single you have the storage on the O/S. Belt mount should be on teh sliding door pillar and use a floor mount for the clip if your seat does not have one.

#3 2017-09-24 20:24:43

wookey
Website

Re: Rock and Roll beds

I didn't fit a rock and roll, but I made a bed the converts into a seat. I didn't bother with seatbelts (which does make people rather nervous these days and is probably illegal). Seats in the back of campers didn't used to have to have seatbelts but I have a vague feeling that the rules changed at some point in the last 20 years.

In practice my seat isn't all that comfortable to travel in (no rake on bottom) so on the fairly rare occaisons that there are more than 2 of us, people usually just lie on the bed instead and travel in style.

1997 Expert self-built camper

Board footer