The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-07 18:35:40

OAT

Winter Pub Meet - Littondale N. Yorks - Next Teu-Wed

As there seem to be a fair number of camper conversions here I thought I would extend an invite to all to this small gathering of small camper vans next week.

Great pub in one of the quietest and most beautiful of Yorkshire Dales.

Camp in small field opposite pub.  No facilities but pub will leave the toilets open.  £5 per person per night to the pub.  Late notice I know but no booking required but please let me know if you would like to come.

There will only be three of us there and none of us has met before.  One in a Doblo self converted for European tours carrying everything from bikes and canoes to gourmet cooking facilities.  The other a self converted Scudo who's owner suggests it's the best Scudo conversion yet!

I am looking forward to nicking ideas from both.

Nothing planed except for a meal and a few beers and a natter about vans.  Plenty to see and do in the area though for the more adventurous.

View_down_Littondale_-_geograph.org.uk_-_189412.jpg

Might be more like this:-

35beeb41dce56fa8774f6b58706047cb--yorkshire-dales-frost.jpg

#2 2017-11-08 09:52:13

luthier

Re: Winter Pub Meet - Littondale N. Yorks - Next Teu-Wed

Sounds great and something I would be Interested in at a future time when Im working again sad I hope your trip goes great though big_smile  I would love to see some other van conversions folk have done...

#3 2017-11-08 10:28:24

Tiree
Administrator

Oh Jeezo that looks bloody amazing.

Really kind of you to put a shout out to us OAT  big_smile

Sadly I work weekdays so can't make it on this occasion - next time!

2006 Citroen Dispatch 2.0HDi bought in July 2013 - Partial camper conversion ........

DSC_0360-1.jpg

#4 2017-11-09 20:47:15

OAT

Sorry to all you young uns.

It's great for us old farts.  Except for the body falling to bits and impending death of course.

But apart from that...

smile

Pity I haven't more beds luthier, I would gladly have come and picked you up.  Currently in Kelso and often in Eyemouth.

Camped in St Abbs harbour last week and woke in the morning to see a pod of dolphins pass the harbour entrance.  I love it up that bit of coast.  A very overlooked little gem imo.

Last edited by OAT (2017-11-09 20:52:41)

#5 2017-11-14 11:35:13

luthier

OAT wrote:

Sorry to all you young uns.

It's great for us old farts.  Except for the body falling to bits and impending death of course.

But apart from that...

smile

Pity I haven't more beds luthier, I would gladly have come and picked you up.  Currently in Kelso and often in Eyemouth.

Camped in St Abbs harbour last week and woke in the morning to see a pod of dolphins pass the harbour entrance.  I love it up that bit of coast.  A very overlooked little gem imo.

Very thoughtful mate big_smile cheers... I stayed at St Abbs last week too for a wee overnighter just to get out the house lol, even though I can see the place out of my back door hahaha,
Hope your winter pub meet went well smile

#6 2017-11-20 22:38:08

OAT

It did go well thanks.  Apart from the Scudo getting stuck in the mud.  I would never have recognised it as a Scudo, it was massive!  At least the size of an old transit I reckon.

Very well converted to a high standard by and ex boat designer and builder too.  Well out of my league in cost and too smart for me.  I would be scared to use it.

The Doblo was incredible.  Not an inch of space wasted and able to carry kit for just about any outdoor activity you might want to do.  It somehow still allowed space for three to sit comfortably around a table.  You wouldn't be standing up or taking a single step anywhere though.  Everything pulled out, hung, dropped down and stowed away in it's own place.  All built with a minimum of facilities and readily available materials.  It could still take a third belted seat when required.  The most individually adapted van I have ever seen.

I made a week of it slowly returning north through the Dales and North Pennines.  My first frosts in this van.  Glad I got some insulation in before I went.  Perfectly snug in my sleeping bag but it was very tough to get out of it in the morning.  I could undo the zip from the bottom a bit though and waddle over to put the stove on.

Last edited by OAT (2017-11-20 22:39:41)

#7 2017-11-22 17:45:31

cliffo

Did you get any photos of the vans?

#8 2017-11-22 20:12:40

OAT

cliffo wrote:

Did you get any photos of the vans?

No I didn't but there is a comprehensive description of the Doblo in this thread:-

https://community.smallmotorhome.co.uk/ … -solutions

Even after reading the whole thread I couldn't properly visualise it all till I saw it in the flesh.  Don't be fooled by unfinished look.
Derek is more interested in practicality than cosmetics although his partner does her best to add a touch of decor where she can.  It is very well used and has proved to be practical and reliable.  These adventurers and gluttons for punishment have just started another one based on a lwb Doblo.  I wouldn't be surprised if they got skis and scuba gear in it!

They regularly do extended European tours and manage to carry all sorts of gear including full backpacking kit, climbing gear, bikes and pack rafts.:-

fetch?id=235040&d=1510388744

Last edited by OAT (2017-11-22 20:13:09)

#9 2017-11-26 14:08:25

kenbw2
Administrator

I'm annoyed it looks like I missed this! Is this something you do regularly? I'm in Yorkshire and always up for a trip to the Dales

2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

#10 2017-11-26 22:35:15

OAT

Just a one off realy.  The other two knew each other online and planned to meet up and I wanted to see their vans.

There are quite a few campers on here though so maybe next summer?

Board footer