The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-29 21:59:25

Casper

Italy

Who has done the Stelvio Pass? As is shut just now i cant get google to run along the route and my sat nav know its shut as well. Forget the route google is showing here but i am trying to find out how long it will take to drive between these two points

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/46.49 … !3e0?hl=en

Even my sat nav knows its shut

#2 2017-01-30 14:43:55

vaz2121

Re: Italy

Casper wrote:

Who has done the Stelvio Pass? As is shut just now i cant get google to run along the route and my sat nav know its shut as well. Forget the route google is showing here but i am trying to find out how long it will take to drive between these two points

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/46.49 … !3e0?hl=en

Even my sat nav knows its shut

Do you or have you used this.........
http://www.tyretotravel.com/

Any way asked the EX Brother-in-law (Italians) about the Stelvio......He recons he prefers the Ducati Multistrada  over Moto Guzzi........  tongue

Back on track though....... Approx 30 miles.......... Better to travel towards Bormio ..... A week-day rather than a week-end when crossing Passo di Stelvio is his preference continue to Passo di Gavia or on to Tirano and the Bernina pass for Switzerland.......also watch out for cyclist and campervans  neutral   It's open by late June gets busy late July and is likely getting quite frosty possibly by September

#3 2017-01-30 16:07:46

Casper

Yeah used tyre. Trying another just now what seems identical ITN its called. Anyway, plotted the route and stuck that in the sat nav and it still knew it was bloody shut  lol

30 miles so on that road and a stop for pictures a good hour and a half from Bormio to Spondigna do you think sounds about right. Camp site at Spondigna looks nice but €48 for the night high season  yikes I only want to be driving 4-5 hours a day apart from the first and last two days what will be more like 7 so coming from north lake Como to that end point be about right. May add another hour on for a cheaper campsite. Going up to St Anton after that.

Tyre route plotting. Last year i did a route up the side of the Moselle. First few miles passing my way points was fine then things started to go wrong. You need to be careful that you plot a way point on the correct side of the road, specially carriageways as it will re route you back to the correct spot. I also managed to miss the main road and pin a side street. This was up thin winding roads that i would have been stuck in had i been in the LDV.

Anyone thinking of plotting routes this way zoom right into the map and make sure you pin the correct bit of road or you will be going round the bend thinking WTF is going on.  big_smile  Fun though.

#4 2017-01-31 14:10:12

vaz2121

I would say at least an hour N half maybe more if you get behind/meet another bus....... Apparently they close the road for Stelvio Bike Day (cyclests) W/end   somewhere end August first week Sept........(worth keeping in mind)

#5 2017-01-31 17:18:42

Casper

Saturday 23rd September i am going over. No matter if its shut as the long way round is only about 60 miles. Just means i change camp sites as that has one slightly cheaper at the end of the detour

Board footer