The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-28 17:08:58

Casper

Seats

Rear van seats. Dont know why you would want buy you might for your garage or whatever. Rear seats out the bus. One row of three, 5 of two and one single. All dirty and one double has a big rip in the back. Free if you are willing to pick up from East Lothian. No takers they get burnt.

BTW they all have build in seat belts.

#2 2017-01-30 12:49:57

vaz2121

Re: Seats

Casper wrote:

Rear van seats. Dont know why you would want buy you might for your garage or whatever. Rear seats out the bus. One row of three, 5 of two and one single. All dirty and one double has a big rip in the back. Free if you are willing to pick up from East Lothian. No takers they get burnt.

BTW they all have build in seat belts.

I take it Your van already has a single front passenger seat or you've already had my thoughts....... no good for a couple travel come table seats ?....... try Gumtree before you burn them someone might give you £20 if they got a use for them

#3 2017-01-30 16:12:19

Casper

No its a double vaz and the frame is wider mounts than the one single i have out the back. I can take the seat out the frame and swap them that way then just angle grind the excess off but they are not adjustable. I was hoping the drivers was the same frame but sadly not as two car seats would have done and buy a swivel plate later. May keep the drivers and get a close match one from a car for the passenger. Failing that snug fit seat covers.

#4 2017-01-31 13:44:53

vaz2121

IIRC  quite a few LDV's got ISRI or Bostrom suspension seat (drivers) fitted...... Really worth having / keeping if yours is fitted with one....... most are Auto setting some U have to set your weight manually.......

#5 2017-01-31 17:26:39

Casper

vaz2121 wrote:

IIRC  quite a few LDV's got ISRI or Bostrom suspension seat (drivers) fitted...... Really worth having / keeping if yours is fitted with one....... most are Auto setting some U have to set your weight manually.......

Not got that. Had one in a Merc when i was on the cash vans and hated it TBH.

#6 2017-02-01 01:05:07

OAT

I've liked the comfort but not the feel for driving. 

I think it's about feeling disconnected.

#7 2017-02-01 01:33:29

Casper

OAT wrote:

Aye. Thats the word. Top end was fine but as the seat was moving/bouncing i felt i had no control what the feet were doing. Could be i never gave it enough time but felt, naw, not for me.

#8 2017-02-02 00:18:16

vaz2121

Casper wrote:
OAT wrote:

Aye. Thats the word. Top end was fine but as the seat was moving/bouncing i felt i had no control what the feet were doing. Could be i never gave it enough time but felt, naw, not for me.

To be fair first one's I had needed manually set for weight and hated them ...For a while set them rock hard/locked them up .......... Then I discovered I'd been setting them too soft/light .. was why I'd been bounced about and them bottoming out .......

Once I'd learned how to set it and then on lorries from about late 80's the auto set air ride type .... Loved them... only prob I ever had... was a seat belt locked up with me once that was not integral to the seat .... On full up rebound I was unable to get tension off belt.....trapped me in I couldn't reach pedals........ ops

#9 2017-02-02 01:38:32

OAT

Yes probably ok if you had a regular drive and got them set right.  Both my experiences were with yard vans with many drivers.

I do like to feel the road though.  Old habits I suppose.  Increasingly rare to be able to in modern vehicles.

Board footer