The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-13 19:29:45

Casper

Gas Sevicing

I have a small 2 burner and grill smev what leaks more than a leaky thing. I like it and want to use it if i can so looking for a smev service shop preferable in the Edinburgh and lothians area. Anyone know or have idea?

Cheers

#2 2018-02-14 12:25:12

vaz2121

Re: Gas Sevicing

Casper wrote:

I have a small 2 burner and grill smev what leaks more than a leaky thing. I like it and want to use it if i can so looking for a smev service shop preferable in the Edinburgh and lothians area. Anyone know or have idea?

Cheers

Nope no idea of anyone.

Not knowing where leak s is I'm assuming "O" ring or maybe a tap
Only thing I thought of..... Is  Smev not part of the Dometic crew?..(common parts used?)....

Apart from caravans/campers would they not be used in Marine applications .... local ish chandlers for Diy parts or pointer for someone same as any caravan dealer/service shop might

#3 2018-02-14 14:07:05

OAT

I looked up a couple of Smev/Dometic marine dealers.  Offering some spares but I couldn't find and seal kits.  Riduculous prices too.

Might be worth asking:-

https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/gas/c … mev-spares

And this listed under Dometic servicing:-

R PATERSON MOBILE CARAVAN REPAIRS
39 km

Falkirk
Falkirk,
GB

CONTACT SERVICE CENTRE

+44 7517 204404
MOBILECARAVANREPAIRS@HOTMAIL.COM

WWW.RPCARAVANREPAIRS.COM

#4 2018-02-14 14:12:31

OAT

OAT wrote:

I looked up a couple of Smev/Dometic marine dealers.  Offering some spares but I couldn't find and seal kits.  Riduculous prices too.

Might be worth asking:-

https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/gas/c … mev-spares

And this listed under Dometic servicing:-

R PATERSON MOBILE CARAVAN REPAIRS
39 km

Falkirk
Falkirk,
GB

CONTACT SERVICE CENTRE

Another in Carlisle claim to cover Edinburgh area.  £40 call out and £40 ph though.  Cheaper to get another cooker!:-

MURRAY GIBSON SERVICES LTD
123 km

Stephenson Road Carlisle
Cumbria, CA1 3NX
GB

CONTACT SERVICE CENTRE

+44 1228 595277
INFO@MURRAYGIBSONSERVICES.CO.UK

WWW.MURRAYGIBSON.CO.UK

3 Way RV Refrigerators, Air Conditioners, Awning Rooms, Awnings, Compressor upright refrigerators, Cooking, Driving Support, Energy and Lighting, Gas Stoves, Generators, Refrigeration, Safety Solutions, Sanitation, Spirit Stoves, Ventilation, Windows and Doors

+44 7517 204404
MOBILECARAVANREPAIRS@HOTMAIL.COM

WWW.RPCARAVANREPAIRS.COM

#5 2018-02-15 10:56:52

Casper

Cheers for that. I have seen a couple of them but missed the Falkirk one. Its looking like a new cooker as i am sure my twist on/off valve for the grill is shot. The sites i see for spares they want in the region of £50 add the hour labour charge then whatever else it may want i am in new cooker territory. I see the same one without the grill going for £120 as they are new old stock. Got a winning bid on one just now what is new but guy changed his mind mid build so fingers cross i get that cheap.

So why is smev so popular, is there no competition is unless i buy old from the 70's everything new seems to be smev.

#6 2018-02-15 13:34:24

Casper

Casper wrote:

Cheers for that. I have seen a couple of them but missed the Falkirk one. Its looking like a new cooker as i am sure my twist on/off valve for the grill is shot. The sites i see for spares they want in the region of £50 add the hour labour charge then whatever else it may want i am in new cooker territory. I see the same one without the grill going for £120 as they are new old stock. Got a winning bid on one just now what is new but guy changed his mind mid build so fingers cross i get that cheap.

So why is smev so popular, is there no competition is unless i buy old from the 70's everything new seems to be smev.

Scrap all that ^^ dono who he is. Slavering git big_smile

Being the kind of guy who hates admitting defeat and not wanting to part with good beer money i thought i would give this a last look. Undid the cooker and took it out what is a pain and its pop riveted. Upside down on the floor where i could see and hear properly i turned the gas on and sprayed the underside of the cooker with soapy water. Not a bubble, not even a hiss then after a break in the passing traffic i hear the hiss but its coming from the bottle. Odd so having a closer look i discover this

20180215_121609.jpg

Luckily i have a spare so swapped them over and did a bench test and all seemed to be well with no hissing from bottle or cooker. Result big_smile

20180215_121036.jpg

Board footer