The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 Spare Parts » Wheel trim and tires » 2020-03-01 10:23:33

THE PADRE
Replies: 0

I have 4 matching wheel trims for 15” steel wheels off a 2005 dispatch. Free to a good home.

Also 4 Peugeot alloy wheel centres from a set of 16” alloy wheels.

Also 2 x 15” steel wheels only
And
2 x 15” steel wheels with hardly worn. 205/65R15C tyres but these last 2 are for sale, see gumtree

https://www.gumtree.com/p/wheel-rims-ty … 1367866165

https://www.gumtree.com/p/wheel-rims-ty … 1367865739

#2 Re: Camper Conversions » Rear conversion of my 2005 dispatch » 2017-02-02 11:06:06

a part time army chaplain in the C of S! other wise a full time parish minister in a rough housing scheme. But I'm afraid not a Rangers fan.

The children are angels really, sleeping in the van was just too exciting though, so the plan of letting them sleep while we watched the sun sink didn't quite happen!  I think an awning is maybe the way, need to look at it in a bit more detail.

BTW, I'm now getting into this and I've noted a few blogs speaking of Alpha Romeo 147 15" alloys, are these the only fit?  I've always liked the idea of alloys but the missus was never keen and I'm not really a petrol head, but seeing as now I've made the committment to repair and keep for as long as I can, I like the idea of a bit of an upgrade.

Thank you all for your encouragement.

I did take the ceiling lining down and insulated underneath, and I would have liked to replace the glass with steel, but had no idea how so just insulated over the top and boarded the inside, same with the doors.

#3 Re: Camper Conversions » Rear conversion of my 2005 dispatch » 2017-02-01 23:23:41

so here are some photos of the construction process.  I stripped out all the plastic trim to try and create as much space, even an extra few centimetres.  Then I insulated and ply lined it, carpeted it.  Then I built my own verson of the amdro boot jump.  http://www.amdro.co.uk/products/boot-ju … 10_15.html?  I can remove it all if need be to create a van, and the middle seats remove as a block of three, or fold up.  The fold down bulkhead/bed goes over the top of the folded middle row of seats.  When I began we had 3 children, now we have four!  We've oly slept one night, 2 adults and 3 wee ones -I don't think we'll manage with 6 of us, but one day perhaps me and the wife will be able to abandon the children and head away.  It very flexible.  osCsid=6gcsnsgdp6q9ocu7dom8ovut21DSCN2462.jpegDSCN2597.jpegDSCN2457.jpegDSCN2602.jpegDSCN2376.jpegDSCN2373.jpegDSCN2362.jpegDSCN2312.jpeg

#4 Re: Camper Conversions » Project Matilda » 2017-01-29 21:33:45

Nice to see. I think you have an identical van to mine. It'll be great to see what you do with it.

#5 Camper Conversions » Rear conversion of my 2005 dispatch » 2017-01-29 21:26:48

THE PADRE
Replies: 13

If I can figure out how to attach it, here is a photo of the finished back of my 2005 van. Did it a few years ago. Stripped out all the plastic, insulated, ply lined and carpeted the rear third. It has a middle row of seats. Then built this wee area. We've a bike trailer that fits into the middle section when the table is down. The bulkhead folds down over the folded middle seats to make a sleeping platform. On the lhs as you look is a meths yacht stove which sits on a wee pull out drawer. If folk like I can try and put some photos of the construction but they're stored somewhere else.image_20170129-2020.jpegmini_image_20170129-2020.jpegimage.jpegmini_image.jpeg

#6 Re: General Discussion » how much more life is there in my 2005 van? » 2017-01-29 21:12:19

Again thank you. It goes in tomorrow to a mechanic recommended to me who seems happy to work on older motors. He keeps some of the taxi versions going so hopefully can get the necessary. I'll try and post a picture of the back under the conversions theme if you're interested in my rear seating arrangement.

#7 Re: General Discussion » how much more life is there in my 2005 van? » 2017-01-27 21:39:28

Thanks for all the comments. Just realised I've managed to post this all in the wrong general discussion as mine is an old van. Second opinion reckons it's worth repairing. Front offside spring to replace. Rust isn't too bad. A service might sort the emissions. So I'm keeping it and trying to repair it. I'm pleased as I prefer keeping something running. Thankyou all.

#8 Re: General Discussion » how much more life is there in my 2005 van? » 2017-01-24 15:15:21

Thank you all for your thoughts, it is presently in with another garage (Allied Vehicles on Balmore Road, who do lots of the newer versions, taxis and convert them for mobility cars) for a second opinion.  I'm really not confident or handy with any of the mechanical stuff and feel totally ignorant.  What is a MAF and what is a code reader and what are DTCs?  Sorry.

I'm really hoping it can be kept going - the wiring for the heater/blower has gone.  I was shown where the wire was and usually I was able to push it about to make a connection, but then whenever I turned off the engine I'd have to start again.

I like the fact that it has 6 seats (I need them all) and although old, from what I can gather, still gets better mileage than newer vans.  I'm probably averaging 45mpg, but I don't want to be chucking out anymore muck than I have too, so I'd happily spend money to get the emissions sorted.

I was offered £500 for a trade in which has convinced me that I would like to try and save her.

#9 General Discussion » how much more life is there in my 2005 van? » 2017-01-20 17:48:30

THE PADRE
Replies: 10

Hi all,

I'm new to this, so apologies for anything I do to annoy anyone.

In 2014 I bought my first ever motor, a 2005 citroen dispatch 2.0l HDi with windows all round and 6 seats.  I pulled out all the manufacturers plastic in the back, and insulated and plylined the rear windows and doors and carpeted it all.  Then I built my own version of a product a welsh firm called AmDro made, basically bench seats in the back third, with a table, and when the middle row of seats are folded forward, the half bulkhead folds out to turn the who back into a single bedspace.

It had about 95,000 miles on the clock when I bought it, and I've only put another 15,000 over the last three years.  I got it MoT a week ago and the mechanic said I should look to get rid of it because there is rust starting on the chassis and the emissions would have failed but he cheated them for me.

I'd hoped it would last me at least another few years.  Is that just unrealistic.

Board footer