The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-12 09:05:39

Deebow85

Throttle Body & Rough Idle

Looking for some help/advice.

I've bought a dispatch 2008 2.0 hdi 120. The engine has a fair bit of rattle when idling and when turning the ignition off it judders.

I noticed the PCV crank case breather has split and got told from a friend this would cause a rough idle and to check the throttle body for carbon build up.
I've took the throttle body off and there is no butterfly flap on this, Looking for a replacement some on ebay have the flap and some don't.

Tried emailing citreon and googled for a microfiche but having no joy with finding out whether there should be a flap on this model or not. Haynes manual only shows the 1.6 version which has the flap. Can anyone provide any clarity on this ?

Another thing I came across were the EGR valve being blanked off. Should I keep this blanked off or replace the valve as it has ceased.

If someone has an image or more detail for a throttle body it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

#2 2021-06-02 12:10:30

vaz2121

Re: Throttle Body & Rough Idle

The EGR  and the PCV valve shouldn't have a connection with each other ........

EGR's open at given times to allow exhaust gasses to return to engine and be re-burnt to aid emissions [allegedly].......
Problem is they can stick closed or open and as engine ages and wears it tends and can/does over time tend to dump stuff in the intake........
And cause other problems............
Hence why it's popular to blank off Egr valve ..........
1.    It’s fitted for a reason ………
2.    At one time just block it off………
But now if you do this to a lot of Vehicles it throws up a P code…..
So use a block plate with a hole in it [if needs] to restrict flow but only enough to keep engine light off ……..

The Pipe for the crank case pressure doesn't want to be split or become blocked .......
[engine needs to breath]

This is where the oily mist comes from and if it's breathing heavily (i.e. lots of pressure and oily mist = possible heavyish engine wear) .......
And if you don't want to just replace it.........

And as it can't be vented to atmosphere as happend ages ago ...........
Add a catch can ......
A catch can with the likes of loosely inserted steel wool is helped in its operation .........
But you will have to empty it regularly ..........

Frequency will be dependent on a number of factors ...........

My mk1 facelift 1.9 has a flap but that's more to do with type of egr ............

Diesels unlike pertol ... engine speed is regulated by fuel punp supply ...........

Other than that I'm guessing.............
The judder may be connected to the DMF ..........
Try putting cluctch pedal to floor........
when turning off and see if there's a difference .......

Board footer