The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-14 16:14:38

vaz2121

Glove box

I recently mentioned I had been and still am relatively sort of still am looking [unsuccessfully] on and off  for a glove box..........

So after a bit when it was really becoming a right PITA to open I dicovered the locking tab was broken [hence looking for replacement] .........

I Gingerly split open the top with a heafty lock knife I've had for years and a screw driver to have a skeck inside.............
[I kinda marked the start edge up a bit as I had nothing to loose] ... It was broken and I thought a replacement would easily be found .........

Fast forward about 6 months later and on and off searches ................
It would appear the scarcity or so I'm told is the problem of rough commecial treatment, sh** wheelie bin brittle plastics and age probably ...................

I got the complete cover/lid we'll call it off the Glovebox section and although first thought was plastic welded ........
I think most of it is some kind of industrial glue ...........

I'm in a sort of check out and repair mode

This is what glovebox gubbins without cover/lid looks like
glovebox-.jpeg

This is is the top cover/lid and you can see broken off lock pin above the white slide retainer thingy opening part
glvebox-lid.jpeg

It's a fairly simple operating slider to moving lock pins.........

Apart from some Super glue or a Hot glue gun ...........
Just find a way to strengthen lock pin repair and maybe improve/increase opening movement/operation for that side ..........
Which was original PITA problem..........
As it wasn't realeasing fully...............

And stick it all back together.............

#2 2021-08-24 01:39:42

Stu-D
Website

Re: Glove box

Man you have lots of patience lol. nice job though, I bodged mines with screwfix no nonsense mitre bond and it's been OK since lol, free or bodge ftw, nice one! smile - Edit: Oh aye, instead of the lock I have screwed through a 5kg moutain bike hook that I use for blue roll, since if I'm not using the van as a camper I'm getting dirty fixing someone else broken old heap Lol. big_smile

Last edited by Stu-D (2021-08-24 01:41:55)

Board footer