The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-02-07 17:47:59

tee_cee

After market radio

The existing radio, stops working after 5 mins (economy mode), so that Peugeot could squeeze in a few more eco points to hit their targets. So I guess most people just run the engine for a few minutes to get it going again. Go figure.
After digging around, it's apparent that the radio on/off is controlled by the canbus. So since my radio does not seem to control anything else (time will tell) I decided to replace it, with a Sony that I had lying around.
Rather than buy a kit to connect it up I just used some crimped spade connectors and inserted them into the existing loom. Red 2.8mm connector would be the right size, but I did not have any, so I cut up some 4.8mm to fit.
There was a IGN feed to the connector, but no pin on the radio side. The IGN feed drops to zero when the economy mode kicks in, not not much use. In the end I just connected the permanent feed to the new radio permanent & switched wires (yellow/red). The only other wires are the white & grey speaker wires. Also needed a Fakra  male to DIN aerial adapter CT27AA06.

IMG_20240207_103501.jpeg

The dash display now flashes on and off, waiting for the clock to be set - so I've stuck a blanking plate in front of it.

Last edited by tee_cee (2024-02-07 17:49:08)

#2 2024-02-28 01:45:22

roopid

Re: After market radio

My Mk2 1.6 Dispatch has nothing showing on the centre dash display (it's blank) but when I changed the battery the car went from miles to km, and I can't change it back without 2 things--the display and the original stereo!

I've since changed the stereo, and I plan to change its power over to the aux battery soon.

(There's also a single bleep 10 seconds after starting, and I have a suspicion that the centre display would tell me of some minor defect if it worked)

#3 2024-02-28 12:33:01

tee_cee

I would not worry too much about the message on the the display, I will be so generic as to be incomprehensible.
I'd run a quick odb2 fault scan though.

#4 2024-02-28 14:47:40

roopid

Good point!
Now, where did I put that diag port interface?

I've found everything else--taps and dies, crimping tools, anti-sieze grease. It can't be far away :-)

Board footer