The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-15 18:26:56

DaveF

Citroen Dispatch 2015 - no brake lights

I realised last night that I have no rear brake lights operating.
After checking the obvious - that all three bulbs have not blown simultaneously - I have today checked the fuse in the under bonnet box, checked there is an electrical supply to the brake light switch, checked the switch, and checked that there is onwards supply to the conductor that leads on to the systems interface unit. From there I'm lost. Has anyone experienced a similar 'fail'.
Thanks

#2 2024-03-15 19:31:44

OAT

Re: Citroen Dispatch 2015 - no brake lights

Yes I had this a while back. 

After a blast down a long straight I turned left into a car park and noticed the car behind approached quite quickly and close.  It was indicating to turn the same as me though so thought no more of it.  Until a very irate woman approached me as we parked up accusing me of almost killing her family.  I apologised for the fact that both my brake lights had failed and explained that in no way justified her to plough into my rear, and that there was no danger as she needed to slow enough to make the turn anyway. 

Anyway I had one spare so fitted that until I got home.  Didn't find any faults so fitted two new and it hasn't happened again in a couple o years since.

It is odd though as I had assumed that both circuits would be independent of each other.  So could surely only indicate a large voltage surge through the whole system.  Only blowing the brake lights because they were he only ones lit at the time.

#3 2024-03-15 21:51:48

DaveF

And that's the mystery. None of the three bulbs have blown, power is detected from the fuse to the brake light switch, the switch works, power is detected in the conductor from the switch to the BSI (Built-in System Interface) which should then feed power to the bulbs. Why it doesn't appear to do that is my query.

#4 2024-03-16 15:40:43

OAT

Ah sorry, I missed the word "not" blown.

These modern electronics are beyond me.  We are rapidly moving to a point where vehicles are increasingly non user serviceable.  Try PC World?

I don't suppose splicing in a new feed nearer the source would be possible?

Board footer