The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-08-04 19:46:00

AlvyLad

[WTB] Snorkel for a driver, leak from outside in a footwell

Hi guys,
I'm sure fairly recently saw a post about a leak inside cab... just can't find it, hence new post.
Yesterday, found significant puddle inside a cabin, thought of changing footwear in to wellies and buying a snorkel if it continues so for an emergency big_smile
Vg7Cnb.jpg

NgeMYA.jpg

Wanted to ask for some input from you guys, what's what and if repairs possible

#2 2023-08-04 20:00:28

AlvyLad

Re: [WTB] Snorkel for a driver, leak from outside in a footwell

So gone out today (wasn't raining) to see, what's gone wrong.
Obvious suspect was the design flaw in having LHS vent where it is and once lifted
6rnWe5.jpg

Clearly the "no s4it Sherlock" moment- that's it!

A2XsoI.jpg

Water is still there or from the night before, little bit inside (on in the LHS footwell ) and I do remember seeing little bit in the past... as well as reading on this forum, as that's more or less normal.... but...

Why now, why so much?

CtEZQl.jpg

and never spotted before "culprit" seems to be self explanatory why. Strange didn't see it before, but my excuse was always to blame air vent design, so I'm thinking to clean it and to get some lead sealant "silicone" to cover the gap....

BUT ... what repair would be better? as it clearly doesn't solve my long standing issue of the hole for the water to get inside....

AND makes me wonder, as if some sort of "draining outlet" on the fan wasn't left unconnected or something, since having had bit of an Odyssey  AKA "monkey wrench work" done replacing the blower fan.

????
Any ideas guys?

Last edited by AlvyLad (2023-08-04 20:03:25)

#3 2023-08-04 20:54:02

Casper

Doubt that last one is your issue. Is the screen not bonded?

#4 2023-08-04 20:57:42

Casper

You should have two rubber hoses at the top of each side of bulkhead. Make sure they are not blocked as the water will fill up and come in through heater vents.

20160817-134236-1.jpg

#5 2023-08-04 21:35:28

AlvyLad

Casper wrote:

You should have two rubber hoses at the top of each side of bulkhead. Make sure they are not blocked as the water will fill up and come in through heater vents.

https://i.postimg.cc/N0DyMzs6/20160817-134236-1.jpg

Hmhm
Thanks m8, I'll get back on it tomorrow

#6 2023-08-04 21:37:26

AlvyLad

Casper wrote:

Doubt that last one is your issue. Is the screen not bonded?

Has been... Not no longer ops

#7 2023-08-04 22:45:50

Casper

A2XsoI.jpg

This picture. I am not convinced this is the issue. (Yellow arrow) Why is it still dry but under the intake its wet?? My thinking is white arrow. This seem could be leaking down into the cab. For the sake of 15 quid get a large bottle of Captain Tolley. Its a very fine white liquid that gets in the smallest of cracks and expands as it dries making a permanent seal. Park one side into the kerb to allow the liquid to get deep into the corners. Run a bead along the seal and give it half an hour and give another bead. Give that a few hours and stick the other side in the kerb and repeat.

I now own an LDV Convoy mate. They are prone for leaks what i have cured with great success. For fine leaks this stuff is the dogs bollocks

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Captain-Tolley … XHWC&psc=1

#8 2023-08-05 03:32:20

kenbw2
Administrator

Casper wrote:

For the sake of 15 quid get a large bottle of Captain Tolley. Its a very fine white liquid that gets in the smallest of cracks and expands as it dries making a permanent seal. Park one side into the kerb to allow the liquid to get deep into the corners. Run a bead along the seal and give it half an hour and give another bead. Give that a few hours and stick the other side in the kerb and repeat.

I now own an LDV Convoy mate. They are prone for leaks what i have cured with great success. For fine leaks this stuff is the dogs bollocks

Interesting, I could do with this to fix the leaks in my roof that I would never in a million years track down

Does it clean off? If it doesn't leave a mess I could just pour it into the roof rack gutters and let gravity do the rest

2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

#9 2023-08-05 09:10:01

Casper

kenbw2 wrote:

Interesting, I could do with this to fix the leaks in my roof that I would never in a million years track down

Does it clean off? If it doesn't leave a mess I could just pour it into the roof rack gutters and let gravity do the rest

I never had to clean it as i used it on the inside where a fiberglass roof meets the steel sides of the bus. As it was getting cladding i just left it but, It is a white liquid that you can wipe away excess with a damp cloth and any dry spills can be washed away using white spirits.

Horses mouth

https://www.sailrite.com/PDF/Captain_To … mation.pdf

#10 2023-08-05 17:01:18

AlvyLad

Casper wrote:

https://dispatchexpertscudo.org.uk/foru … A2XsoI.jpg

This picture. I am not convinced this is the issue. (Yellow arrow) Why is it still dry but under the intake its wet?? My thinking is white arrow. This seem could be leaking down into the cab. For the sake of 15 quid get a large bottle of Captain Tolley. Its a very fine white liquid that gets in the smallest of cracks and expands as it dries making a permanent seal. Park one side into the kerb to allow the liquid to get deep into the corners. Run a bead along the seal and give it half an hour and give another bead. Give that a few hours and stick the other side in the kerb and repeat.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Captain-Tolley … XHWC&psc=1

Thanks mate,
It's been raining all morning and most of the day over here, cab is full of water again
gLx0iK.jpg
.... and i'm "bit under the weather" from the night before...

ANW:
Outlet hose seem to be blocked and it's been hard in places, that I've squeezed, shaken a but it's WAY higher, than "dish" within a tray (that's for whipper housing for the wrong side steering wheel cars)

However, there's another outlet, that I can't even get to, something where blower fan is and wing meets area.... seems I can't get to

zm2NOj.jpg

right behind, where eye could see or camera can get to
5tnDL7.jpg

and good god (me) in doing photo-reporting- that way I can see better too big_smile
Nax6mk.jpg
hope you guy can see 1/2" puddle

so back in a cab, I can see water dripping right through the wires
PIP30l.jpg

rvOAfK.jpg

j7haiS.jpg

#11 2023-08-05 18:04:04

AlvyLad

"the problem" with my photo-investigations- it takes me longer to write all up, redo photos, upload etc...
In short- FIXED!

steering wheel hard R, this is the drain outlet on LHS
HbSynM.jpg

Indeed it was blocked, squished little etc
qTfVP6.jpg

...and the actual drain in located
EwnsUb.jpg

so then better check RHS too
bXto7F.jpg

properly zoomed in
nrBuhI.jpg

I swear over an inch of a puddle
nk8v8A.jpg

steering wheel hard L, RHS drain
RW4QT3.jpg

"Moral of the story" AKA "fix" is to squish deliberately self closing outlet pipes in to a "diamond", squeeze as hard as you can so all the goo both ways,
xgI6Un.jpg
lift bonet, take the air-vents out and clean inlets with a cloth or a brush, get a bucket of water to flush it all through.

hope that's been that and inside of my cab will dry out eventually... as all the sound defining is proper saturated under the both sides

#12 2023-08-05 20:45:32

kenbw2
Administrator

Well I've learned a lot from this post - namely where the blower gets its inlet, and why water can so easily enter there!

Glad you got to the bottom of that.

Dare I suggest you might want to dry out the floor mat. It's quite the sponge neutral

2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

#13 2023-08-06 16:06:56

AlvyLad

kenbw2 wrote:

Well I've learned a lot from this post - namely where the blower gets its inlet, and why water can so easily enter there!

Glad you got to the bottom of that.

Dare I suggest you might want to dry out the floor mat. It's quite the sponge neutral

I bet there are very many vans with bit of the water getting in, nobody paid attention... until that would become as bad as I had

Drying?... just too much of an hassle mate, hope it'll dry up by itself, as the only way to squeeze it properly to dry is to remove the whole lining... not keen, lazy etc etc.
mind you, the weather we had was nice and warm, so had to go shopping and inside surface was dry, but humidity and stench is bit of something to get acclimatized to. Reminds me of a trip to India, pardon my French, that feel.

#14 2023-09-01 00:18:07

Mixerfistit

Wish I'd seen this when it was posted I could've saved you a lot of time lol

Having noticed blocking up on my old xsara picasso, one of the first things I did after buying my van was pop those pipes open and flushed hot water down then. One wasn't too bad but the other (also LHS) glugged out a fair bit of sludge.

#15 2023-09-01 16:59:22

JohnDragonMan
Website

i want the pollen filter housing that fits in this part. ive been after one for ages but can never get them. i have the filters, just need the "thing" they sit in.

- JohnDragonMan
Notice: I have the tendency to void warranties, blow fuses, cause fires, and other fun stuff.
Words of wisdom: Internally rust proof the sills and subframe! both skins!!. There's always user serviceable parts inside. "Oh that shouldn't have happened".
My 2005 Dispatch Camper Project big_smile

#16 2023-09-01 18:16:19

AlvyLad

Mixerfistit wrote:

Wish I'd seen this when it was posted I could've saved you a lot of time lol

BUT YOU DIDN'T!  mad
big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

#17 2023-09-01 18:23:12

AlvyLad

JohnDragonMan wrote:

i want the pollen filter housing that fits in this part. ive been after one for ages but can never get them. i have the filters, just need the "thing" they sit in.

Very likely I'm wrong, but I think some models in a Cab (not a van) version did come with polen filters (and fittings)

#18 2024-03-27 16:36:45

Pathfinder100

Mine has this problem.  Thanks for your writeup.  So far I've cut out a chunk of the rubber stuff and put it to dry.  I'm manually mopping up the water as it comes out of the insulation, but everything is wet.  It will take a while to dry it out.

I'll probably remount the rubber on velcro so it can be removed and checked if needed.

IMG-20240326-135510.jpg

Last edited by Pathfinder100 (2024-03-27 16:38:09)

Peugeot Expert 2006 2.0 Hdi 110 RHZ / DW10BTED+ 5 Speed Manual

#19 2024-03-27 21:01:09

AlvyLad

Pathfinder100 wrote:

Mine has this problem.  Thanks for your writeup.  So far I've cut out a chunk of the rubber stuff and put it to dry.  I'm manually mopping up the water as it comes out of the insulation, but everything is wet.  It will take a while to dry it out.

I'll probably remount the rubber on velcro so it can be removed and checked if needed.

https://i.ibb.co/Q84wKV5/IMG-20240326-135510.jpg

... bit OTT, if you'd ask me... but works?- so be it!
I have had it sorted (stop spillage- "leaks") when it was dry'ish, warm'ish... eventually most of the stench gone, thank goodness... or me losing a smell tongue

#20 2024-03-28 00:39:41

Pathfinder100

Yeah I couldn't get rid of the water and it seemed to be getting deeper at the time, so decided to trim it and drain it. I was also concerned as to whether it had rusted.  had a rust issue under the rubber carpet on my old Transit.  Thought i'd better check this one before I had to weld anything, but it looks fine. tongue  I can fix it later.

As to the cause, I suspect the same as yours, although i have been clearing the drain holes, the pipe is likely blocked lower down.  I will check those drain holes at the bottom and see what the state of them is. smile

Peugeot Expert 2006 2.0 Hdi 110 RHZ / DW10BTED+ 5 Speed Manual

Board footer