The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-05-12 08:38:11

gibb0300

Drivers door won't open

Hi all.
Just got a 2009 Dispatch and the drivers door won't open. The central locking locks all doors but nothing is happening with the drivers door. Don't know what the problem is but the handle on the inside won't open the door either. The key turns in the lock but not opening the door. I guess it's a problem with the lock itself but I cant access it as the screws that hold it in are only accessible with the door open. Any tips as how to get over this problem  ?

#2 2024-05-12 17:10:31

AlvyLad

Re: Drivers door won't open

sounds like you've tried the opening handle from inside.
Depending on a trim, them "cards" (insides) sometimes are separate 3 sections, so that'll be less to replace, but even once cutting in access it's not guaranteed, you'll open it, as the lock itself is almost closed mechanism... and it's secured to the door.
I'd say looks up on fleabay whole door, before trying anything drastic, but drastic it might end be

#3 2024-05-15 13:54:12

gibb0300

Managed to get in by opening the sliding door and loosening the screw that holds the lock barrel into the gandle. Removed the barrel. Then removed handle and fiddled about inside the door and it popped open.

#4 2024-05-15 15:32:22

AlvyLad

I bet she's been "motorway, low miles used" before you got her!  roll
Saying it, I had mine stuffed with wooden fibres by someone... That presumably failed to get in using screwdriver... Used pincers, lubricants got it clean and working, but that was lucky, lucky, lucky escape .

On a positive you can replace lock and key, minor fob reprogramming will be required, as once they start going wrong, they aren't easily repaired and will let you down big time.

Board footer