The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-06-18 21:05:29

ICantWorkOnFrenchCars

2014 dispatch grinding driveshaft HELP

Just done the cv boots on my 2014 dispatch had both driveshafts out but now when I press the throttle in gear it makes a loud bumping grinding noise. Tried re greasing the joint and nothing seems like the transmission I have a video of it and it seems like the axle stops when it's grinding, it wasn't making this noise before I don't know what it is the driveshafts are torqued maybe they aren't in all the way??

Do I need to have the wheels on the ground?

#2 2024-06-18 21:38:24

AlvyLad

Re: 2014 dispatch grinding driveshaft HELP

Streamable to upload the video, anonymously if you like (just don't log in).

From what you describing it sounds, as your shafts are too long and once moving it puts itself under stress, literally could snap either end any second... Hope not.

If job was done by the garage, they should put it right (fit correct length shafts), but these days there are so many "all sorts" .

From what you've described, this is the best I can guess for whatever is wrong with it.

#3 2024-06-18 21:53:39

ICantWorkOnFrenchCars

https://streamable.com/nbbbtg

Sounds and feels a lot louder than in the video

Shafts should be the same length as they are the same ones that were in when it wasnt making the noise?

Really can't figure out what's wrong with it must be something to do with the shafts as that's all I've taken out but they all look seated fine.

Last edited by ICantWorkOnFrenchCars (2024-06-18 21:55:19)

#4 2024-06-18 22:07:21

AlvyLad

ICantWorkOnFrenchCars wrote:

https://streamable.com/nbbbtg

Sounds and feels a lot louder than in the video

Shafts should be the same length as they are the same ones that were in when it wasnt making the noise?

Really can't figure out what's wrong with it must be something to do with the shafts as that's all I've taken out but they all look seated fine.

Either end isn't fully in, I bet if you drive it, it would be only worse.

Also, "in the air" differential  (rather simple in theory mechanism) should engage one wheel only, by physically applying resistance you can get the other to engage.... Sorry to point it out, but it could be it, that's been somehow whacked something out of place in order to be changing which wheel turns.

Board footer