The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-06-30 19:53:25

MattAE
Member
Registered: 2024-06-30
Posts: 5

SOLVED Citroen Jumpy/Dispatch 2.0hdi won't start after battery change

Hello! First post, I hope I'm up to the standard that is expected.

I have a 2012 Citroen Jumpy (Sweden) but from what I understand it is also called Dispatch.
The engine is the 2.0HDI (AHZ) Manual.

I bought the car a couple of months ago and the guy that sold it to me told me about the double battery (an extra battery in the back). I could see cables that went from the starter battery going back and when I removed the plastic around the starter battery I could also see the split charge relay. It wouldn't charge the battery in the back so this lead me to testing the starter battery which turned out to be not that well. I disconnect the starter battery and put in the new one. When I am to start the car later to move it, it won't start. All I can hear is a clicking sound from the glovebox from some relays which I think are for the extra headlights that are installed by a previous owner (the relays say HELLA).

Anyways. I have tried the reset where you disconnect the battery, wait, reconnect it, put in the key, turn ignition, hold lock button etc, but nothing. The other key which doesn't have the wireless part doesn't work either.

I am starting to think the car has forgotten the keys. Is this a common mistake that I have made? Are there configuation programs to buy or anything else that I could try before I accept defeat and go to a workshop with the program and pay probably 500 euros + to configure it.



Thanks in advance!
//Matt

Last edited by MattAE (2024-07-03 08:09:17)

Offline

#2 2024-06-30 22:43:09

AlvyLad
Member
Registered: 2021-06-11
Posts: 414

Re: SOLVED Citroen Jumpy/Dispatch 2.0hdi won't start after battery change

Can be whole host of problems to not to start, especially if it was molested already in the past.
That doubled up battery sound to me, as if BSM or BPGA relay is malfunctioning, also not discounting alternator having malfunction.
Short of suggesting to get ODB2 reader codes, you could try simple multimeter to check the state of the battery and if solenoid on starter is engaging (dropping bellow 12.5V.
These vans are known to be leaking water on BSI, so that might be an issue too, but the best I could advise you is to get diagnostics for error codes and start there from.

Online

#3 2024-07-01 15:44:08

MattAE
Member
Registered: 2024-06-30
Posts: 5

Re: SOLVED Citroen Jumpy/Dispatch 2.0hdi won't start after battery change

AlvyLad wrote:

Can be whole host of problems to not to start, especially if it was molested already in the past.
That doubled up battery sound to me, as if BSM or BPGA relay is malfunctioning, also not discounting alternator having malfunction.
Short of suggesting to get ODB2 reader codes, you could try simple multimeter to check the state of the battery and if solenoid on starter is engaging (dropping bellow 12.5V.
These vans are known to be leaking water on BSI, so that might be an issue too, but the best I could advise you is to get diagnostics for error codes and start there from.

Hi and thank you so much for taking your time to answer smile I have a copy of delphi up to 2013 but it only finds code p1350 which doesn't seem to relate to this thing. In case the immobilizer has set in and I need to take the car into the shop for programming, it should show on a citroen adapted program right? In that case it's the easiest thing to do. I found a shop that works with citroen so I will go to them and have a chat some day now in the week, explain the situation and see what they advice.

I wonder if the iCarsoft CR MAX are able to see everything on this car. I would have good use of it for other cars aswell and could use this to motivate the purshase smile


Thank you again!

Offline

#4 2024-07-01 18:16:21

AlvyLad
Member
Registered: 2021-06-11
Posts: 414

Re: SOLVED Citroen Jumpy/Dispatch 2.0hdi won't start after battery change

https://www.engine-codes.com/p1350.html

What does this mean?
Possible Causes
NOTE: The causes shown may not be a complete list of all potential problems, and it is possible that there may be other causes.
Faulty Ignition Control Module
Ignition Control Module harness is open or shorted
Ignition Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
⚠ Check if your Car have Safety Recalls
Description
The Ignition Control Module (ICM) has independent power and ground circuits. The circuits between the ICM and the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) consists of the following circuits:
-The ignition control (IC) timing signal
-The IC timing control
-The low resolution engine speed signal
-The medium resolution engine signal
-The camshaft position signal
-The low reference
The ICM sends 3X signals to the PCM, and controls the timing advance during engine cranking. The timing advance changes to PCM control after the following actions occur:
The PCM receives the second 3X signal
The PCM applies 5 volts to the ignition control (IC) timing signal circuit.
The ICM monitors the CKP sync signal when the engine is cranking. The CKP sync signal is passed from the CKP sensor to the ICM on the CKP sensor 2 signal circuit. The CKP sync signal is used to determine the correct cylinder pair and initiate the ignition coil firing sequence. The 18X reference pulses are passed from the CKP sensor to the ICM on the CKP sensor 1 circuit. The 18X reference pulses are used for fuel injection and ignition control. After the ICM receives both signals, the ICM passes the 18X and 3X reference signals to the PCM. The CMP and the CKP sensors share a 12 volt reference and low reference circuit. The CKP sensor consists of the following circuits:
-A 12 volt reference
-A low reference
-A CKP sensor 1 signal
-A CKP sensor 2 signal
OBDII Code P1350 - Ignition Control System - Engine-Codes.com
P1350 Code - Ignition Control System
How to Fix
Check the 'Possible Causes' listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector pins.

Search for P1350 Questions and Answers
Possible Symptoms
Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)

Might be related...

defective glow plug coil / preheater

defective glow plug coil / preheater

In that case it's the easiest thing to do. I found a shop that works with citroen so I will go to them and have a chat some day now in the week, explain the situation and see what they advice.

ANY CITROEN/Pug/Renault/Vauxhal/Toytota are made by PSA group 2007 onwards- everything is interchangeable, however, for diagnostics there are specific "service software loops", they ought to comply with. Any dcent mechanic, can access with any Snap-on, Autel and similar readers.

I wonder if the iCarsoft CR MAX are able to see everything on this car. I would have good use of it for other cars aswell and could use this to motivate the purshase smile

Not a clue- can't comment.

Online

#5 2024-07-01 20:27:06

MattAE
Member
Registered: 2024-06-30
Posts: 5

Re: SOLVED Citroen Jumpy/Dispatch 2.0hdi won't start after battery change

AlvyLad wrote:

https://www.engine-codes.com/p1350.html

What does this mean?
Possible Causes
NOTE: The causes shown may not be a complete list of all potential problems, and it is possible that there may be other causes.
Faulty Ignition Control Module
Ignition Control Module harness is open or shorted
Ignition Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
⚠ Check if your Car have Safety Recalls
Description
The Ignition Control Module (ICM) has independent power and ground circuits. The circuits between the ICM and the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) consists of the following circuits:
-The ignition control (IC) timing signal
-The IC timing control
-The low resolution engine speed signal
-The medium resolution engine signal
-The camshaft position signal
-The low reference
The ICM sends 3X signals to the PCM, and controls the timing advance during engine cranking. The timing advance changes to PCM control after the following actions occur:
The PCM receives the second 3X signal
The PCM applies 5 volts to the ignition control (IC) timing signal circuit.
The ICM monitors the CKP sync signal when the engine is cranking. The CKP sync signal is passed from the CKP sensor to the ICM on the CKP sensor 2 signal circuit. The CKP sync signal is used to determine the correct cylinder pair and initiate the ignition coil firing sequence. The 18X reference pulses are passed from the CKP sensor to the ICM on the CKP sensor 1 circuit. The 18X reference pulses are used for fuel injection and ignition control. After the ICM receives both signals, the ICM passes the 18X and 3X reference signals to the PCM. The CMP and the CKP sensors share a 12 volt reference and low reference circuit. The CKP sensor consists of the following circuits:
-A 12 volt reference
-A low reference
-A CKP sensor 1 signal
-A CKP sensor 2 signal
OBDII Code P1350 - Ignition Control System - Engine-Codes.com
P1350 Code - Ignition Control System
How to Fix
Check the 'Possible Causes' listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector pins.

Search for P1350 Questions and Answers
Possible Symptoms
Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)

Might be related...

defective glow plug coil / preheater

defective glow plug coil / preheater

In that case it's the easiest thing to do. I found a shop that works with citroen so I will go to them and have a chat some day now in the week, explain the situation and see what they advice.

ANY CITROEN/Pug/Renault/Vauxhal/Toytota are made by PSA group 2007 onwards- everything is interchangeable, however, for diagnostics there are specific "service software loops", they ought to comply with. Any dcent mechanic, can access with any Snap-on, Autel and similar readers.

I wonder if the iCarsoft CR MAX are able to see everything on this car. I would have good use of it for other cars aswell and could use this to motivate the purshase smile

Not a clue- can't comment.

Thank so you so much for the comment! I am looking into the first part that you sent me smile I'm learning a lot now, wether I want to or not tongue

Offline

#6 2024-07-03 07:58:25

MattAE
Member
Registered: 2024-06-30
Posts: 5

Re: SOLVED Citroen Jumpy/Dispatch 2.0hdi won't start after battery change

Problem is solved. I went to the workshop that said these cars don't get activated immobilizers, it really doesn't happen they said and incase it does, it will say so on the screen. I ended up being told that either it's a broken cable, a bad fuse or bad ground. I looked the voltage on the battery cables on the car when I tried to start it and no dip - so no bad ground. I was able to look up the power from the battery to the fuse box in the enginebay. I ended up going through all the fuses one by one since the fuse schematic I got didn't look like it did in real life. I ended up finding a 25A fuse on the top of the fusebox in the enginebay that had gone and replaced it - it now works! smile

Maybe this can help someone in the future.

Thanks!

Offline

#7 2024-07-03 08:05:00

AlvyLad
Member
Registered: 2021-06-11
Posts: 414

Re: SOLVED Citroen Jumpy/Dispatch 2.0hdi won't start after battery change

on the top of the fusebox in the enginebay

BPGA fuse.
Glad you solved it

Online

#8 2024-07-03 08:08:41

MattAE
Member
Registered: 2024-06-30
Posts: 5

Re: SOLVED Citroen Jumpy/Dispatch 2.0hdi won't start after battery change

AlvyLad wrote:

on the top of the fusebox in the enginebay

BPGA fuse.
Glad you solved it

Yes, and the way they were placed were not matched to the handbook at all tongue I must say your replies and links did give me mental strength to keep on looking and not give up on it. Electrical problems are new to me and it did feel like I was trying to grab whatever I could find in a dark room.


Thank you again and have a great day smile

Offline

Board footer