The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-15 13:55:20

Axa

2014 Dispatch intermittent steering jerk - How to change servo fluid?

Hi all.

When driving at highway speed I am sometime feel a slight increase in recistance in slow steering. And then a small sudden jerk like something have been slightly blocked and releases/opens up.

Steering fluid are very dark so my tought is to do a complete change in case there's some loose bit of rubber that is causing a blockage.

Any suggestion on where to drain the system? There's no no point in only emptying the reservoir since there no return line so no flow through..

Cheers Gunnar

#2 2020-11-17 02:52:47

vaz2121

Re: 2014 Dispatch intermittent steering jerk - How to change servo fluid?

Axa wrote:

Hi all.

When driving at highway speed I am sometime feel a slight increase in recistance in slow steering. And then a small sudden jerk like something have been slightly blocked and releases/opens up.

Steering fluid are very dark so my tought is to do a complete change in case there's some loose bit of rubber that is causing a blockage.

Any suggestion on where to drain the system? There's no no point in only emptying the reservoir since there no return line so no flow through..

Cheers Gunnar

I have never done a complete PAS fluid change but to bleed air out of it is a case of turning steering from full lock to lock several times when stationary{With engine running} until all the usual groaning has stopped and things have got easier..........

I'm also wondering how did fluid get so dark if it has no return .............

Eitherway I'd think about disconecting low presure (Feed) pipe as close to rack as possible and draining fluid then topping up reservoir and then fllowing the bleeding procedure.............
If the fluid darkens in reservoir you may have to resort to changing it as you go along............

I'm also suspicious even if fluid needs changing it's not your only issue

Last edited by vaz2121 (2020-11-17 02:54:22)

Board footer