The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 Re: Maintenance » ecu location » 2023-04-11 09:17:32

Hello all, my story continues, I was in the process of removing the rear fuel pump solenoid when the back of the pump fell off and all the interior workings dropped out!
I found another pump for 150€ fitted it and the van started and ran...hooray... my brother came round and I very proudly went to start it again but it wouldn't fire up ..... I got my circuit tester light and found there was no power getting to the bottom fuel solenoid, as it was late I dropped the bonnet and left it until the next day.  I checked the circuit again and found there was power to the solenoid and the van started started immediately. Obviously I have an intermittent electrical fault.
Has anyone experienced the same problem or have an idea of a likely cause?  Thank you.

#2 Re: Maintenance » ecu location » 2023-03-23 21:22:32

Thank you for the advice one and all. We have owned the van for a number of years and it is all original mechanically and did not have a security keypad fitted. I can only think that the electronic apparatus fitted to the rear stop solenoid has a malfunction so will remove the back of the pump and wire in a bypass and see what happens. I will add the results of this to the discussion group afterwards. I will also double check the filter seal as suggested. Thanks again.

#3 Re: Maintenance » ecu location » 2023-03-22 14:53:56

Hello Kenbw2, thank you for your reply which confirms my futile search. I am trying to get diesel to the injectors, I originally thought it was because air was getting in through the throttle shaft which was leaking diesel, I have replaced the throttle shaft and O ring but it wasn't that. I've replaced the two solenoid cut off valves on the pump but still no diesel to the injectors. As the van has no ecu can I pair the bottom solenoid which does have power when the ignition is on with the top rear solenoid  which has four wires going to an electrical apparatus attached around it and which I am thinking is some kind of anti theft device which could be faulty. I would hopefully be overriding the anti theft device. Your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

#4 Maintenance » ecu location » 2023-03-20 16:37:00

jomax79
Replies: 7

Hello can anybody inform me as to where the ecu is positioned on a 1999 scudo 1.9 TD  Thank you in advance

Board footer