The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#851 Re: Camper Conversions » is it okay to take out the driver cage? » 2018-01-07 16:40:41

OAT

More for protection from a shifting loads than rolling I would expect.

I haven't actually seen one with a cage but only with a solid bulkhead.

Plenty of people have removed the bulkhead.  I think the panel along the floor needs a couple of welds chiseling away but I am sure someone will be along to confirm.

#852 Re: Maintenance » Installing Electric Windows » 2018-01-06 13:08:08

OAT

Hello and welcome.  smile

Not answering your question I know but are you quite sure you want to go to the trouble?

Don't know what sort of camping you are planning but I try quite hard to avoid unneeded electrical demands myself.  Electric windows being something I wouldn't want at all in a camper.

Not only the extra demand on electric but having to turn the ignition on every time you want to open or close a window can be very annoying.

#853 Re: Camper Conversions » what fits a scudo? » 2018-01-03 23:52:32

OAT
Silve1999 wrote:

this is my first van and conversion

I hope you realise what you have taken on.  wink  They are never finished you know!

Ask away any questions.  There are a surprising number of us here with camper conversions.

#854 Re: Camper Conversions » what fits a scudo? » 2018-01-03 19:36:46

OAT

I bookmarket this page when someone on here said they used a r'n'r bed from them:-

We manufacture 3/4 width, full width, rear pull out and custom designed beds to suit your individual requirments.

We are able to manufacture beds to your dimensions and able to quote you over the phone.

http://rocknrollbeds.com/

Don't know them myself.  Looks like they do approved seat belt options too.

#855 Re: Maintenance » Upgrade Headlights? » 2017-12-27 21:55:31

OAT

Went for the OSRAM Night Breaker Laser in the end.  Worthwhile improvement but I still want more.

Keep us posted on your bracket if you go ahead Ricko.  Although I don't know if your later model will apply to mine.

Speaking of lights...

Just followed someone with only front sidelights and no rear lights over Carter Bar on the A68 from Conset to Jedburgh.  Pitch black and at 50 - 65 all the way in dodgy conditions.  Made easier by the light covering of snow on most of the verges.  A bit of panic braking and occasional use of indicators for illumination.  Once out of my dipped light range it was invisible despite being white.  I hung back expecting to find it spun on every corner.

#856 Re: General Discussion » Euro Car Transport Trains » 2017-12-15 21:57:56

OAT

Austrian Autorail (OBB) run Dusseldorf to Innsbruck.  I think that looks the only one towards your destination.

https://www.seat61.com/Motorail.htm#OBB motorail

#857 Re: Maintenance » Key - HELP » 2017-12-05 19:51:07

OAT

I think the blades and fobs are reasonable but won't it need programing?

I have heard horror stories of £150 and more from dealers.

Independent here but no prices:-

Citroen - DISPATCH - replace lost keys | keys cut from code
http://www.keypit.co.uk/autolocksmith/citroen.html

Don't have CL so unsure.

#858 Re: Camper Conversions » Winter Pub Meet - Littondale N. Yorks - Next Teu-Wed » 2017-11-26 22:35:15

OAT

Just a one off realy.  The other two knew each other online and planned to meet up and I wanted to see their vans.

There are quite a few campers on here though so maybe next summer?

#859 Re: Maintenance » Upgrade Headlights? » 2017-11-22 20:38:13

OAT

Thanks vaz.

I have had a quick look at the Osram Night Breakers.  I see they have added an even more powerful "Laser" model.  Both claimed to be direct replacement for factory fit (Laser only in H7 and H4 fittings) and road legal.  Both seem to be around £15 a pair.

https://www.powerbulbs.com/blog/2016/09 … aker-laser

Wondering about your comments re melting plastics and overloading wires, what do you think?  I am surprised after reading the 130% increase claims that you weren't more pleased with the improvement.


For the spot/driving light, I was hoping for individual bracket mounts rather than a bar.  But where to fix them?  It is an awkward front end to add lamps without them sticking out in front.

#860 Re: Camper Conversions » Winter Pub Meet - Littondale N. Yorks - Next Teu-Wed » 2017-11-22 20:12:40

OAT
cliffo wrote:

Did you get any photos of the vans?

No I didn't but there is a comprehensive description of the Doblo in this thread:-

https://community.smallmotorhome.co.uk/ … -solutions

Even after reading the whole thread I couldn't properly visualise it all till I saw it in the flesh.  Don't be fooled by unfinished look.
Derek is more interested in practicality than cosmetics although his partner does her best to add a touch of decor where she can.  It is very well used and has proved to be practical and reliable.  These adventurers and gluttons for punishment have just started another one based on a lwb Doblo.  I wouldn't be surprised if they got skis and scuba gear in it!

They regularly do extended European tours and manage to carry all sorts of gear including full backpacking kit, climbing gear, bikes and pack rafts.:-

fetch?id=235040&d=1510388744

#861 Maintenance » Upgrade Headlights? » 2017-11-21 14:09:55

OAT
Replies: 7

I am not over impressed by the headlights on my old style Expert.

They are fine for normal driving on good roads in decent conditions but I spend a lot of time on the smallest roads I can find in all conditions and they are not so good there.

I am thinking about fitting a pair of spot lights or perhaps a spot and a fog.  I suspect that mounting direct to the plastic bumper would not be a good idea.  Are there any off the shelf brackets known to fit?

Also, is there a simple bulb replacement which would give a worthwhile improvement to the standard headlights.

#862 Re: Camper Conversions » Winter Pub Meet - Littondale N. Yorks - Next Teu-Wed » 2017-11-20 22:38:08

OAT

It did go well thanks.  Apart from the Scudo getting stuck in the mud.  I would never have recognised it as a Scudo, it was massive!  At least the size of an old transit I reckon.

Very well converted to a high standard by and ex boat designer and builder too.  Well out of my league in cost and too smart for me.  I would be scared to use it.

The Doblo was incredible.  Not an inch of space wasted and able to carry kit for just about any outdoor activity you might want to do.  It somehow still allowed space for three to sit comfortably around a table.  You wouldn't be standing up or taking a single step anywhere though.  Everything pulled out, hung, dropped down and stowed away in it's own place.  All built with a minimum of facilities and readily available materials.  It could still take a third belted seat when required.  The most individually adapted van I have ever seen.

I made a week of it slowly returning north through the Dales and North Pennines.  My first frosts in this van.  Glad I got some insulation in before I went.  Perfectly snug in my sleeping bag but it was very tough to get out of it in the morning.  I could undo the zip from the bottom a bit though and waddle over to put the stove on.

#863 Re: Camper Conversions » Winter Pub Meet - Littondale N. Yorks - Next Teu-Wed » 2017-11-09 20:47:15

OAT

Sorry to all you young uns.

It's great for us old farts.  Except for the body falling to bits and impending death of course.

But apart from that...

smile


Pity I haven't more beds luthier, I would gladly have come and picked you up.  Currently in Kelso and often in Eyemouth.

Camped in St Abbs harbour last week and woke in the morning to see a pod of dolphins pass the harbour entrance.  I love it up that bit of coast.  A very overlooked little gem imo.

#864 Camper Conversions » Winter Pub Meet - Littondale N. Yorks - Next Teu-Wed » 2017-11-07 18:35:40

OAT
Replies: 9

As there seem to be a fair number of camper conversions here I thought I would extend an invite to all to this small gathering of small camper vans next week.

Great pub in one of the quietest and most beautiful of Yorkshire Dales.

Camp in small field opposite pub.  No facilities but pub will leave the toilets open.  £5 per person per night to the pub.  Late notice I know but no booking required but please let me know if you would like to come.

There will only be three of us there and none of us has met before.  One in a Doblo self converted for European tours carrying everything from bikes and canoes to gourmet cooking facilities.  The other a self converted Scudo who's owner suggests it's the best Scudo conversion yet!

I am looking forward to nicking ideas from both.

Nothing planed except for a meal and a few beers and a natter about vans.  Plenty to see and do in the area though for the more adventurous.

View_down_Littondale_-_geograph.org.uk_-_189412.jpg

Might be more like this:-

35beeb41dce56fa8774f6b58706047cb--yorkshire-dales-frost.jpg

#865 Re: General Discussion » Fuel » 2017-11-06 22:19:23

OAT

Thanks for letting us know.  Well sussed Vaz.

It's surprising how powerful even a couple of inches of water is when hit at speed. 

It is heavy stuff in bulk.

#866 Re: General Discussion » gear selector cable on 6 speed box » 2017-11-01 04:03:18

OAT

Hello faulksy

Might be a bit early for yours but have you checked this manual already on the forum somewhere :-

http://dispatchexpertscudo.org.uk/forum … anuals.zip

The lack of decent manual really is a pain.  I've downloaded a few various ones but never complete and a nightmare to navigate.  Got the Russek (?) one too but nothing anywhere near Haynes.

#868 Re: General Discussion » Heater problem » 2017-10-14 19:12:47

OAT
shuggs wrote:
OAT wrote:

Yes well done shuggs.

Where did you get the resistor from?  Used or new?

New from eBay same as link above, took motor out to check which one I had, not bad for £20ish?

Love this place for all the help


Cheers.  Must get mine done.

#869 Re: General Discussion » Heater problem » 2017-10-13 23:16:43

OAT

Yes well done shuggs.

Where did you get the resistor from?  Used or new?

#870 Re: General Discussion » Heater problem » 2017-10-08 23:12:36

OAT
shuggs wrote:
Anchor1979 wrote:

Possibly the heater resistor faulty??

Where is the resistor??

This might help:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abyAFOs5CkU

This is the cheapest I have found a replacement :-

https://tinyurl.com/ycc53lyp

I need to get my old one out to confirm the part number.

#871 Re: General Discussion » Heater problem » 2017-10-06 20:32:03

OAT

Good to have you back C.  It's been quiet.

If the heater on was the biggest problem it sounds like the van did well?

#872 General Discussion » Sliding Door Security??? » 2017-10-05 22:01:53

OAT
Replies: 0

Not sure if this covers all models but I was concerned to stumble across this:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDdCpUIXjuA

I also wondered about publicising it further but it is out there and the baddies will be sure to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nba1V5ATkr0

#873 Re: General Discussion » Heater problem » 2017-10-05 21:55:46

OAT

They are known to be temperamental.  Lot's of threads all over here and elsewhere but no single, simple fix. 

You could start here:-

http://dispatchexpertscudo.org.uk/forum … d=44815211

Most often seems to be the slider controls, or one of two electrical components on the blower.  Rectifiers (or as Anchor said "resistors"?) I think?

Mine failed last spring but I have put it of all summer.  I need to sort it now.

#875 Re: Camper Conversions » Lego Layout » 2017-09-22 19:54:35

OAT

Always seems a waste to me, especially in smaller vans, not to make best use of cab space.

As you already plan to fit swivels, you could move the whole bed forward onto the reversed seats and leave a meter or so clear space at the back even with the bed down.  If the seats folded flat, even better.

You would need to fill the gap between the seats to make it a double and probably want a foam or self inflating mattress to even out any bumps.

Board footer