The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-06 12:06:16

mbmac66

Installing Electric Windows

Hi All,

I have recently acquired a Dispatch 2.0hdi 2003 and an Expert 1.9D 2002, with the purpose of making a good one out of both. i have opted to keep the 2.0hdi, just couldn't go the 1.9D that couldn't pull you out of a puddle, even though it is a better looking van being ex police forensic van and 2.0hdi ex council van its rough around the edges but it already has split charge system wired in and it runs brillliantly .... so far. big_smile

Anyway, my question is, the 2.0hdi has no e/windows .... 1.9D has e/windows. I am going to take 4 doors from 1.9D and put them on 2.0hdi. Is it a simple case of swapping the doors over and taking e/windows control unit and relay and window switches from 1.9D and plugging them into 2.0hdi. I have looked at the wiring diagrams you have here, which has been very helpful and i think i have got all components right but, i have to admit i am not the best at reading wiring diagrams and a bit iffy on electrical stuff. so, any help or info would be much appreciated.

I have browsed you forum quite a bit since acquiring vans, i have found it great for information on a vehicle i have never worked on before, great info and ideas for camper conversion too, which is the purpose of van in the end. anyway, well done all for the forum .... it has help a lot and i have no doubt i will have more questions to ask.

Cheers  cool

#2 2018-01-06 13:08:08

OAT

Re: Installing Electric Windows

Hello and welcome.  smile

Not answering your question I know but are you quite sure you want to go to the trouble?

Don't know what sort of camping you are planning but I try quite hard to avoid unneeded electrical demands myself.  Electric windows being something I wouldn't want at all in a camper.

Not only the extra demand on electric but having to turn the ignition on every time you want to open or close a window can be very annoying.

#3 2018-01-06 14:17:32

tee_cee

OAT wrote:

Hello and welcome.  smile

Not answering your question I know but are you quite sure you want to go to the trouble?

Don't know what sort of camping you are planning but I try quite hard to avoid unneeded electrical demands myself.  Electric windows being something I wouldn't want at all in a camper.

Not only the extra demand on electric but having to turn the ignition on every time you want to open or close a window can be very annoying.

It's very easy to bypass the electric window relay so that you can open the windows without the ignition being on.

#4 2018-01-06 15:16:30

Casper

Cant answer your question but TBH i would also swap doors over and look into getting them working. What i like about Pugs is they tend to have one loom fits all and its a simple case of just adding switches or relay and fuse. Unsure if this will be the case for E/W but for sure when i wanted to add spots to my 1.9 and an old 306 i had the wire with connectors were already there. Same with my 1.9D 306 it had a simple on of one bulb interior light. I got one with the two map readers from a scrap yard and when it came to putting that in again the larger block was already on the loom. I cant see this being to big a job.

#5 2018-01-07 21:01:47

Ricko

Following this as my only minor gripe is the lack of electric windows in my 04 van, I've become lazy in my old age!

2004 Citroen Dispatch 2.0 Hdi

#6 2018-01-11 16:53:59

Casper

Surely if you get the doors all you want is the live feed from window motors routed to a double rocker switch on the dash and routed through the fuse box on an ignition live. Unsure about a cut off sensor though for trapped fingers and the likes or is that to simple?

Board footer