The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-01 19:48:02

RachelHG

Alternator not exciting or charging battery :-(

Hello, after much back & forth with eBay sellers I got a brand new alternator for my van. I diagnosed a malfunctioning  alternator based on the fact that the battery light was permanently lit when engine on & the battery is def not charging (monitored with voltmeter). Plus all connections & wiring seemed in tact. Hwr, having installed the new alternator today it still does not work :-( I presume it is failing to excite but can't ascertain why or how to fix it and it's doing my head in as all such problems do. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I guess I should add that it did work for all of about 30 secs when I first started it & produced 13.8v (although after an afternoon of banging my head against the problem i'm querying whether this was a hallucination) 

Rachel 2004 Fiat Scudo 1.9D

#2 2020-05-02 14:19:56

vaz2121

Re: Alternator not exciting or charging battery :-(

RachelHG wrote:

Hello, after much back & forth with eBay sellers I got a brand new alternator for my van. I diagnosed a malfunctioning  alternator based on the fact that the battery light was permanently lit when engine on & the battery is def not charging (monitored with voltmeter). Plus all connections & wiring seemed in tact. Hwr, having installed the new alternator today it still does not work :-( I presume it is failing to excite but can't ascertain why or how to fix it and it's doing my head in as all such problems do. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I guess I should add that it did work for all of about 30 secs when I first started it & produced 13.8v (although after an afternoon of banging my head against the problem i'm querying whether this was a hallucination) 

Rachel 2004 Fiat Scudo 1.9D

Iv'e given an/my 2p's worth ...Answer on your other thread

BTW Welcome......... jump aboard/in

Last edited by vaz2121 (2020-05-02 14:21:26)

Board footer