The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-22 20:47:12

Rednip1203

Hello looking for some advice!

Just got my second Dispatch van. This is the 2006 model and has the radio controllers on the steering wheel. The original radio has been changed for a Kenwood one. I would like to get the steering week ones working. Can I get an original radio anyway? Searched all the usual places with no luck?
Thanks

#2 2020-07-22 23:29:52

OAT

Re: Hello looking for some advice!

Hello and welcome Rednip.   smile

I haven't a clue what radios were originaly fitted.  Nor do I know a lot about radios.  But I was under the impression that provided the head unit was capable of receiving the wheel controls signals, it would be just a question of wiring.   I might be completely wrong though.

Anyway... I recently removed a head unit from an expert with wheel controls.  With it came the short converter lead which goes from peugeot loom to standard iso radio socket.  The lead has 3 extra wires from the iso socket, which are currently unconected and insulated  with what look to be factory sticky labels.

Perhaps if you have the corresponding wires coming from your wheel control they might match up?

The three extra wires are:-

Blue marked P.CONT & ANT.CONT
Brown marked MUTE on both sides of label
Blue & Yellow marked REMOTE CONT & STEERING WHEEL REMOTE INPUT

It may even work with your current Kenwood.  If not, it may help if you do find an original radio without the lead.
You are welcome to it if you want to give it a go.

Last edited by OAT (2020-07-22 23:40:21)

#3 2020-07-23 08:23:14

Rednip1203

Thanks that’s great!! mini_4379875B-9A3D-45BF-BD40-6E3DF4CD87EC.jpeg

This is the currant radio

#4 2020-07-23 08:24:51

Rednip1203

67DEF433-08D0-409B-88EC-D2B2190BFCDB.jpeg

#5 2020-07-23 21:15:52

JohnDragonMan
Website

ive been playing around with the steering wheel controls. they work on resistance not "Canbus". i have managed to get them working with my android head unit. however that has the ability to learn the resistance value of each button and link it to a command (vol up/down, next/prev station/track, mute...)

heres a little drawing i made on the pinouts for the steering wheel controls. not that this is more so for a "learning" type radio.

dispatch-steering-wheel-controls2.gif

hope this helps in some way

Last edited by JohnDragonMan (2020-07-24 01:24:19)

- JohnDragonMan
Notice: I have the tendency to void warranties, blow fuses, cause fires, and other fun stuff.
Words of wisdom: Internally rust proof the sills and subframe! both skins!!. There's always user serviceable parts inside. "Oh that shouldn't have happened".
My 2005 Dispatch Camper Project big_smile

#6 2020-07-23 22:21:03

OAT

Hard to tell if that's the same conector as the one I have.  I will dig it out tomorrow and try to compare.

A pic of it disconnected would help.

Have you identified the relevant wires at the wheel end?

JohnDragonMan...

Are the plugs and sockets the same but just with different pin outs for the "resistance" and "canbus" types, or are they totaly different systems?

#7 2020-07-24 01:33:00

JohnDragonMan
Website

yeah both systems use the same plugs.. canbus uses 2 pins/wires only on the middle blue plug. resistive usually uses the yellow "line in" plug. canbus uses a "code" when a button is pressed. usually it goes to the BCM/ECU that then sends out the code to the radio. you can get canbus decoders, "connects2" make them and they usually work quite well. they basically convert the digital "code" to a resistive signal, but they also do ones that convert resistive to resistive that a non key leaning head unit will understand.
the best one to use would be the >>UNI-SWC.5<< as it supports pretty much everything.

- JohnDragonMan
Notice: I have the tendency to void warranties, blow fuses, cause fires, and other fun stuff.
Words of wisdom: Internally rust proof the sills and subframe! both skins!!. There's always user serviceable parts inside. "Oh that shouldn't have happened".
My 2005 Dispatch Camper Project big_smile

Board footer