The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-03 01:10:30

bonzpop

Speedo cluster illumination / bulbs

Hi all

Just bought an 06 Expert, cheap and cheerful, with a few obvious niggles.

One being the dashboard speedo cluster lighting. If they are anything like the last dash I took apart over 20 years ago (Mk2 Fiesta) then I'll be looking for the little push and twist bulbs, but hoping one of you Experts (pun intended) can help. Also, the LED display on the odometer is unlit. Is that a bin and replace job? It's done 161K miles, but I have to shine a torch on it and twist my head to a severely awkward angle to read the bloody thing (had to declare mileage when I insured it!) lol

Cheers

#2 2020-12-03 01:21:56

Casper

Re: Speedo cluster illumination / bulbs

Push twist

s-l1600.jpg

My Dispatch has about 5 years with no millage recorded in the MOT and when i bought it it was back at just over 100k. I presume the last owner just changed the clocks as the cab looks more than 100k old. Anyway my Expert the miles were also out and when i took the clocks out all bulbs were intact and working but no digits showing. As for insurnce asking what the mileage is i passed my test back in 1986 (Vaz will be before big_smile) and yet to be asked the recorded miles.

#3 2020-12-03 01:25:25

bonzpop

Thanks for that! Those are the type I was thinking of.

Insurance wanted mileage declared as it’s a limited mileage policy - my first van, SDP use only, but cos I’ve been naughty with some horrible points my premium is loaded heavily

You passed your test 9 years before me then tongue

Last edited by bonzpop (2020-12-03 01:26:01)

#4 2020-12-04 16:17:44

woodbine

Hello Bonzpop. The good news is if you can still see the mileage by shining a torch on the odometer, then it's just the backlit bulb that needs replacing. Not difficult, just a little fiddly.

Read on here my description of how to do it -

https://dispatchexpertscudo.org.uk/foru … php?id=896

And these are the bulbs you need (286   1.2W capless) -

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/bulbs … ffEALw_wcB

Fiat Scudo 2004 (54) 2.0 Jtd SX Dynamic Van

#5 2020-12-04 17:13:09

Casper

That Halfords link says they will fit for £6.50. Take them up on that offer  big_smile

#6 2020-12-04 17:30:31

bonzpop

woodbine wrote:

Hello Bonzpop. The good news is if you can still see the mileage by shining a torch on the odometer, then it's just the backlit bulb that needs replacing. Not difficult, just a little fiddly.

Read on here my description of how to do it -

https://dispatchexpertscudo.org.uk/foru … php?id=896

And these are the bulbs you need (286   1.2W capless) -

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/bulbs … ffEALw_wcB

Thanks for that greatly informative reply!!

Casper wrote:

That Halfords link says they will fit for £6.50. Take them up on that offer  big_smile

Indeed! big_smile

#7 2020-12-06 00:14:27

woodbine

Casper wrote:

smile    Bargain! Wish I had seen that before I started grubbing around under my dashboard. Then again, I'm not sure I would trust a spotty yoof from Halfrauds.

Fiat Scudo 2004 (54) 2.0 Jtd SX Dynamic Van

#8 2020-12-14 01:19:50

vaz2121

What they said.............

I'm now on to my 3rd or 4th binnicle.........
I had changed it about a month or two before it's MOT test a couple years ago .....
But on day of test the milage I believe was visable but I got an unreadable as bulb went out ..........
But I noticed it had relite while sitting at roadworks on way home...........

I replaced Binnicle yet again since then as speedo intermittently stopped working ...............
I never sent this one away for recalibration and mileage light is out but you can see mileage in there (although incorrect) But it does exactly the same as the last  [told now most likely it's faulty speed sensor pick up] Binnicle which I've now given away.............

The Binnicles are poorly made or it's the style {lots of failures inc larger vans to I gather and not just mileage} ......... it seems dampness gets behind the ribbon and stops mileage showing

#9 2020-12-14 02:23:18

vaz2121

Casper wrote:

As for insurnce asking what the mileage is i passed my test back in 1986 (Vaz will be before big_smile) and yet to be asked the recorded miles.

Confession time: I have only once been asked for the current mileage on a vehicle since passing my tests

I passed my test in the car in Oct 1975 6 weeks after failing it in the first two weeks of September...........
I passed my motorcycle test on a stroker...... A 1974 GT 250 Suzuki fitted with ace bars in Early 1977............
I also passed my class one HGV Test in 1979 ......... In those days the other guy I was out training with was under the Double "L" rules which meant not only would he get his class one HGV, But because he had No car licence other than his vocational HGV provisional and provisional {both} He would be awarded that car pass [And everything that went with it] also {He wasn't sucessful on that occasion anyway}

Board footer