The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-16 12:30:12

ChrisCamby

Dw8 lucas to bosch pump swap..

Hi guys new to the forum have been browsing a bit as I recently got given my old work van when the fuel pump started leaking as my boss didn't want to pay to fix her and I said I would do it myself.
I managed to swap over for a like for like pump and am now fancying my chances at converting to a bosch pump for running on wvo. Any help would be appreciated rivtklofl
Would this be the pump I'm after its on an old citroen xantia can see a 1.9d badge on the car but no bosch marking on the pump.

#2 2016-06-16 12:53:21

monkeynut

Re: Dw8 lucas to bosch pump swap..

I would rather have the Bosch VE pump too , You will have to change the injectors   and the pump mount  and maby the lines too

found this vid   but its a XUD TD motor but same principle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBfiyZzhIfM

I used to run My t25with tdi conversion on SVO  also riped the electronics out n put a mechanical pump in

#3 2016-06-16 14:15:58

Casper

Try this lot

http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/mybbforum/

Just dont ask can my car run on or they will ignore you. Introduce yourself and look at old posts through the search befog asking anything as they can be stuffy but great help.

#4 2016-06-16 23:49:28

vaz2121

We have a Lucas cav...Delphi pump{or what ever name they have now} on the van, but the DW8 in our 306 has a Bosch pump, however the 306 does not have the throttle position thing on pump that the van does and I have no idea if the van has (or needs) a signal wire on the third injector......

It is doable and relativity easy nut and bolt wise...... check out berlingo's, 306's, 206's, ZX's, C15 champ van, and a whole bunch of others that got the DW8...... No idea if there is a rhyme or reason for what does or doesn't get a Bosch pump.....
However it seems Ive seen more Bosch pumps on Peugeot's (306's and 206's) with DW8's and XUD's than Ive come across in Citroen's.......

Would a Bosch pump of an old XUD9 fit do you think....I ask because on Youtube link Monkeynut posted.... I had come across that Vlogger before and they put a DW8 in an old pug 309 with I believe a Bosch turbo pump and a blower on it.

Not sure about Pump and injector matching, I'm kinda with Monkeynut on this, change pump, injectors, ETC......

But then I have a Perkins Prima lying about at home and it's fitted with a Bosch turbo pump with Lucas injectors and that's how it came out the factory

So maybe it's worth a try pump first and then injectors if it runs sh****

#5 2016-06-17 06:21:08

Casper

My old 306 non turbo from 99-2000 ish had Bosch and could run PVO in the summer months. Never had the guts to try it but did 50/50 a few times with no issues. Dont think i fancy the home filtering of WV0 though. If you look at the likes of MAKRO you can get good oil deals buying bulk.

#6 2016-06-17 15:09:46

ChrisCamby

Thanks for the replies guys have been chatting to a friend earlier and am now thinking it's probably a better idea to get a hold of a complete 1.9td engine with bosch pump as it should be easier and increase performance ever so slightly.
So if anyone knows of any good runners going cheap in central Scotland ☺

#7 2016-06-17 15:11:21

ChrisCamby

I'm not convinced I will enjoy filtering stinky oil either but ile see how it goes once I get too that point as it's quite expensive if there isn't a wholesaler I can use nearby

#8 2016-06-17 15:39:13

Casper

Christ my old 306 sat in the scrap yard at East Fortune for a year before going to the crushers. Shame is it was under 100k and a good sold motor, just shit bodywork.

BTW you may have to buy your oil on ebay or the likes. Most chip shops and hotels sell them to a collection company who use it for cosmetics or pig food. You could nip round the back and nick them at night i suppose.   big_smile

#9 2016-06-18 02:12:44

vaz2121

ChrisCamby wrote:

Thanks for the replies guys have been chatting to a friend earlier and am now thinking it's probably a better idea to get a hold of a complete 1.9td engine with bosch pump as it should be easier and increase performance ever so slightly.
So if anyone knows of any good runners going cheap in central Scotland ☺

I assume that by the sound of it you want to put the whole plant in van {1.9TD}... They are out there but as DW8's and DW10's  have been kicking about for about 17 or so yrs XUD's are thinning out.....Might be easier found and sticking the NA Bosch pump on and at least getting to use van in mean time with WVO if that's the plan.........

Now I've said that you'll trip over a 1.9TD holding a door open somewhere..................!!

Do a Breakers search/request they stuck them(1.9td XUD's) in these vans up until about R or S reg? I believe

Last edited by vaz2121 (2016-06-18 12:14:23)

#10 2016-06-19 11:42:17

Casper

Out of curiosity if my top end went pop. could i get a turbo top end and turbo unit and fit on or even swap whole turbo unit or would i need to get clever with wiring in sensors and the like as ill presume the harness is slightly different.

#11 2016-06-19 15:06:45

vaz2121

Casper wrote:

would i need to get clever with wiring in sensors and the like as ill presume the harness is slightly different.

I think the answer is Yes and No
Dependent on age of vehicle you might have a throttle position sensor...so Yes........ if not then No ( Think you'd have bother finding an Turbo pump from an XUD with a throttle position sensor unless early 406td?.......Might find a suitable pump with one though?)
Fitting an HDI ..........Then definatley and a lot more

Casper wrote:

Out of curiosity if my top end went pop. could i get a turbo top end and turbo unit and fit on or even swap whole turbo unit

Short answer ..........YES
But
There is no such thing as a turbo top end on a DW8, That variant was never turbo'd..............I'm not even sure there's any difference between heads on non & Turbo XUD's

The easy part I think will be bolting on a Turbo injection pump, Turbo injectors and the Turbo N down pipe from an XUD spec engine........ The biggest fiddly part would be getting an oil feed to and an oil return back to the sump from the Turbo.............

But that amount of work on an engine that's popped it's top end unless it does need and accepts a XUD turbo head.....leave as is by putting a head gasket on or stick in a complete XUD turbo engine

Can't see a DW8 even with a Turbo outperforming XUD's

Although as a project or for the hell of it and with an Intercooler .............100bhp?

IMHO                     ............................................................................................................................................

#12 2016-06-21 21:37:12

ChrisCamby

Yeah the van is running now but it has flat spots in the revs and sometimes the engine drops below idle think the pump settings are out but ideally want to save spending anything on it and buy a xud9 td unit from somewhere.

Interesting you say that about the dw8 vaz as I came across a video on YouTube last night of a dw8 hitting I think it was 95hp.
It was running a bosch pump and and super charger haha

Last edited by ChrisCamby (2016-06-21 21:37:49)

#13 2016-06-22 07:37:08

Casper

Here Chris. You can get a 110BHP. DW10ATED4 or DW10ATED

You may need a browser translator.

http://www.trafic-amenage.com/forum/vie … php?t=4415

#14 2016-06-22 13:00:04

vaz2121

ChrisCamby wrote:

Interesting you say that about the dw8 vaz as I came across a video on YouTube last night of a dw8 hitting I think it was 95hp.
It was running a bosch pump and and super charger haha

I kinda based that on having back in the day a 405GRDT and my favorite a 205STDT .........
So STD settings with a little tweak I learned back then ........intercooled DW8 100BHP... would think so

I dear say more power would be achievable by cranking up boost & fuel But for longevity I'm sure the DW8 doesn't have those oil squirty things that  pump oil under pistons to help control heat on piston crown

A DW10 will fit but I think easier and probably cheaper to buy a HDI van (unless you have one lying in a wrecked car and have access to all gubings)

We had a 307 with the 110BHP DW10 in it and was really good but then  noticed crap fuel figures and performance.
An acquaintance had a late 306 with the 90BHP DW10 in it and out performed our 307 in both Depts,

Turbo on 110BHP  variable vane .....Turbo on 90BHP normal with waste-gate, ....The variable vanes on  turbo had rusted and/or gummed up and sized not allowing full or proper boost...... The cure for us was a good low mileage (our 307 had 65,000mls on it) used Turbo, But since been told fill exhaust side of Turbo with oven cleaner and let it do it's job for a few Hrs (no idea how effective that is though) and there was the DPF or FAP (but that's another story)

The theory I was given was our car was driven to lightly and it needed a good thrashing more often!!

To be fair a good going 110Bhp or even a 90BHP are a pleasure to drive (I've noticed 1or 2 boy racers around here have stuck big f*** off front mount intercoolers on their 306 HDI's)
307 gone and we went back to the 306 DW8 and never looked back.....(200,000mls now) obviously more suited to mostly 80% town work that it does

Last edited by vaz2121 (2016-06-22 13:35:30)

Board footer