The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-08 20:24:43

Ricko

Radio reception around the country

Hi, I generally listen to the radio in the van on my travels; SW Scotland, West Coast, N.Wales etc
I lose the signal for R4 quite a lot and seem to be constantly having to fiddle with tuning all the time.
Does this happen to anyone else??

2004 Citroen Dispatch 2.0 Hdi

#2 2021-09-08 23:30:28

JohnDragonMan
Website

Re: Radio reception around the country

i dont seem to have any issues with mine..   but my radio is after market. i know our vans do not come with a powered antenna sadly. maybe a worthy upgrade? just have to give them an ignition live big_smile

- JohnDragonMan
Notice: I have the tendency to void warranties, blow fuses, cause fires, and other fun stuff.
Words of wisdom: Internally rust proof the sills and subframe! both skins!!. There's always user serviceable parts inside. "Oh that shouldn't have happened".
My 2005 Dispatch Camper Project big_smile

#3 2021-09-09 01:38:19

OAT

Re: Radio reception around the country

I think in the areas Ricko mentions It's to do with signal rather that reception.

There's nothing worse than getting half way through a good play and loosing reception.  I have been known to backtrack and park up.

I avoid it now by using internet radio on my phone through a front input on my radio.  There seem to be far more gaps in radio coverage than there are for phone signals.

Board footer