The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 Today 17:59:46

Eddie Honda
Member
Registered: 2023-08-27
Posts: 46

Deadlocks - rear sliding doors

I'm trying to figure out mechanically how these work. I know what they are meant to do.


My nearside sliding door on my Synergie has always played up. The previous owner shortened the rod that goes from the middle mechanism and cable tied it to the clip hole arrowed.



c1_20261005_174116162.jpeg



Before I left the vehicle, I took the corresponding rod from the nearside and bent a new one up.



c1_20261005_17445663.jpeg



When I had the lock catches at the rear of the doors off, I tied string to them so I could open the doors from the inside when I came back to it. What I noticed when opening the doors with the string, was the offside was relatively easy and when I replaced the original pull rod it behaved correctly and opened from the inside and out. However the problematic nearside was refusing to open until I gave it some extra pull. This was confirmed when the new cloned pull rod was fitted. I'd misplaced those little black plastic clips I bought ages ago, but even if they were fitted, it would appear that the rod was "too long" and required pulling further than mechanically provided for in the mechanism.

This leads me to figure that a previous owner's bodge in shortening the rod (which gave it a 50/50 chance of opening) was to compensate for this rear lock "defect".

Unfortunately I didn't have time to do further investigation, but I'm wondering if the deadlock solenoid is set on this door and whilst it can be opened by removing the door card and pull rod then manually "overpulling", whether or not if powering the deadlock solenoid open will restore the original shorter stroke required or if I should just throw another complete lock assembly at it?

Online

Board footer