The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-06 14:09:34

Oldguyz

Hello and advice.

Greetings all! Names George, just got a cheap Peugeot based taxi, willbe used as family camping hols mule, dog van and parts getter for my fledgling business.
First question. What engine do i have? I think its the 2l JTD type, any simple ways to tell?
Question the second. Smokes when cold, smells bit diesely, and a bit oily, pale grey with a lovely blue tint? Turbo fucked? Oil in intercooler/pipes?
3rd. Front passenger door wont open, outer handle bust, innerhandle feels like it aint connected to anything. If i take disc cutter to the outer handle shell could i grab the link rods? Maybe?
Thanks in advance for any help, or abuse, or condolences. ?

#2 2017-03-06 18:20:33

Casper

Re: Hello and advice.

You will get a door handle for under 20 quid new on ebay so why cut your away. Just get the door card off and see whats going on. The handle may have been yanked to hard and the retaining pin/hole for the link rod is fooked. Same with inner handle. I am sure the door will fail an MOT. Smoke, some say Two stroke helps but never tried it myself also the EGR valve. Apparently if you can blank that off it helps also but as you have an EX taxi the mileage will be against you. Saying that my 1.9D had 170k when i sold it and that was not a smoker.

Does sticking your reg in here not tell you what engine https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/ViewVehicle or even the reg doc.

#3 2017-03-07 08:12:24

Oldguyz

Cheers Casper, door wont open from inside either, so its butcher door card in situ, or try to access from outside. Got loads of things to check with the smoke thing, egr, pcv etc. But the engine is weird, all the pics i look at have the injectors toward the front, mine are at the rear.

#4 2017-03-07 09:03:59

Oldguyz

Sussed, its a rhw 16 valve!

#5 2017-03-08 05:50:02

Casper

Sorry mate. Been having bother logging in. You get the door open yet? I think i would still be cutting into the door card to get the door open rather than the handle. More chance of getting to the rods.

#6 2017-03-10 17:31:40

Oldguyz

Yup, got that done, both handles were broken, opened with a bit of bent wire thru the square hole in the outside handle. Glovebox fixed. Centre air vent fixed. Getting there with the A4 list of annoying faults.

#7 2017-03-10 17:41:36

monkeynut

A blue tint does mean oil in the cyclinders  if you are getting full boost and not using much oil , it will be probably just the mileage  which i guess it has being an old taxi .. mine is a 1.9d with 97000  no smoke at all (simple engines though )

Board footer