The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-16 18:59:24

vaz2121

Minor refurbish/renewal

Been about a month now since I took out front seats and lifted the carpet...... Threw out the old horse hair/jute type insulation that was under floor mat as it was damp probably  from us scrubbing the van out last August before we went down to Spain and have now replaced it with a couple of layers of that silver backed bubble stuff .... both in the cab area and in the back.... Still not fully decided whether to change the carpet and put down tiles or scrub up and reuse carpet we've got as over all it's not that bad...... It's just with it being such a light grey......
As things are in bits.... Relocated the GPS tracker to a much more secluded spot under dash, Fitted a new mains power inlet socket (as lid was cracked/broken), Fitted a new food grade water pipe.... was not sure how old the last one was , Along with a new gas bottle regulator and gas pipe feed for the same reason and hard wired in a new dash cam

We never favored an awning right from the word go but always felt we'd get more use from a Sunshade  instead ..... I already have an awning rail fitted (N/S) to the van but I bought a few of these M6 male Eye bolts which fit into the factory mounts  for roof rack/bars......
WRR_2194-A.jpeg
The idea is we can have shade on whatever side or even across the rear doors should it take our fancy..... I got a couple of sheets of tent like material 2m X 2.5m with eyelets and I dear say can put on some extra where needed and/or cut down to suit......
Not much left to ponder over or finish although we will get a few w/ends away before our next Spanish jaunt

I must admit thinking of another van for next year........

Anyway it's not all been fun... took my parents away for a good few days to Largs and around the Argyll peninsular........ I understand what they mean now about second childhoods  (My grand kids are easier)

#2 2017-05-16 19:26:34

Casper

Re: Minor refurbish/renewal

What did you stick your awning rail down with and how i the seal? I keep putting off putting mine on as im not sure if the provided self tappers are good enough. I was thinking overdoing with Sikaflex but not sure what screws as i am putting it into fibreglass.

#3 2017-05-16 21:38:17

vaz2121

I confess.... fitting the awning rail was an other of those jobs I didn't do......... But if you look at the above photo you can see the awning rail and a couple of screws that hold it down..... Sorry friends son is a panel beater and I handed rail in to paint and fit...... couldn't tell you what screws they used, but I seem to remember he said they'd use something like sikaflex  to help stick and seal it

Into figlass you may want to drill a very small pilot hole use a bead of sikaflex and possibly longer stainless screws through to a reinforcing baton behind....... all depending on how beefy the fiberglass is

#4 2017-05-16 23:38:22

Casper

The screws on your look countersunk and would need to me small for being in the rail. I have an edge to play with so could use larger screws

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-X-1-2m-Scre … SwWxNYrGAZ

I was intending of drilling a pilot but as for getting a baton i think that horse bolted as i stuck a roof lining up using ply and glued on carpet. I just got the same little awning as i had in the Pug and that is only 6.5kg. May just go overkill with extra screws and hope for the best.

#5 2017-05-17 19:42:29

tee_cee

Stuck my rail down with Tiger seal and it has been fine. Needed to bend the rail slightly to fit.
I stuck it in the channel where the roof rack holes are. http://blue-van.blogspot.com/2015/02/sun-shade.html?m=1

#6 2017-05-19 00:54:20

OAT

vaz2121 wrote:

I got a couple of sheets of tent like material 2m X 2.5m with eyelets and I dear say can put on some extra where needed and/or cut down to suit......

Where did you get the "tent like material" from? 

I can only find the woven polypropylene stuff and know from experience how noisy that is.  Would really like something finer and less plastic.

My van already has C channel both sides so I intend to use these :-

awningtrackhanger.jpg

trackhangerintrack.jpg

http://www.popupportal.com/threads/make … ers.63064/

#7 2017-05-19 07:23:52

Casper

You can buy tent type material but it only 1.5 meters wide so you may have to get handy with a sewing machine.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nylon-Fabric- … 2548.l4275

Any join you make i would proof that. Nikwax do a food spray only thing is make sure you do a fine spray as any runs dry in white making your tent look like its been surrounded by doggers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nikwax-TX-Dir … Sw8d9Us9Cd

#8 2017-05-19 13:06:48

vaz2121

OAT wrote:
vaz2121 wrote:

I got a couple of sheets of tent like material 2m X 2.5m with eyelets and I dear say can put on some extra where needed and/or cut down to suit......

Where did you get the "tent like material" from?

I bought them both on eBay .... 1st one i got is only something like 4ft 6 wide and used it on floor of tent when away on bike to mostly cover porch area...... I then bought next size up which is approx 9ft x 7ft....... we've since bought some repair eyelets I think there called with the gizmo you hammer them on with as the eyelet on the sheet are on the small side plus we can add where needed in future .......

here's a link to what we got

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Bluefield … gyM421W84w

Last edited by vaz2121 (2017-05-19 13:27:01)

#9 2017-05-19 22:49:53

OAT

Zero sewing skills Casper so I need something off the peg. 

Cheers vaz, they look fine for the occasional use I will make of them.  Cheap too is always a bonus.

Board footer