The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-17 13:51:34

letsgoridexc

water leak into rear quarter of body

Hi Folks , my w reg dispatch has developed a water leak that fills up the void under the rear light cluster on the drivers side, I cannot find an obvious leak from the light cluster , any ideas ? really need to get it fixed before continuing my fit out as a work / weekend sleeping van.
Happy days. Jude

#2 2015-08-17 20:35:41

jeffSizzler

Re: water leak into rear quarter of body

Welcome, Jude.

Hmm, If it's not the light cluster itself, and I'm guessing the interior is otherwise dry(?), could it be damage / rust at the end of the driver's-side sliding-door exterior runner?

Unusual for these vans to rust much but W reg is getting on a bit I guess.

The end of the exterior runner is right above the light cluster.

Otherwise, a leak in the roof could feed down the internal corner, past the cluster and into the void.

Good luck!

JS

On my second Citroen Dispatch - 2005 - Long way to go ... !

#3 2015-12-20 21:02:34

Casper

If rear door seal is OK look at the light cluster itself as that will have a seal round it.

#4 2016-08-05 19:13:45

Axelfols

Did you sort it out? Mine was leaking through the rear light. Remove the rubber grommet  to let the water out.

#5 2016-08-05 20:30:47

Casper

Axelfols wrote:

Did you sort it out? Mine was leaking through the rear light. Remove the rubber grommet  to let the water out.

Or buy a new seal to prevent it filling in the first place. You could make one using instant gasket. Take light off and disconnect. Go round seal with the gasket and let it set over night and replace lights clean the area and the mating side on the van first.

#6 2017-10-02 12:22:51

cliffo

I've just found another water ingress point that allows the rear light void to fill up.

It's the top corner, where the roof meets the sides and the pillar for the door. This corner (on my van, at least) had some hard mastic seam sealer applied at manufacture (because it was covered in the vehicle paint). The mastic, over time, has cracked and was allowing water in with a good amount of capillary action.

I've cleared out all the mastic down to bare metal (heat gun and a scraper) and have temporarily applied some waterproof tape all around to see if I've located all the problem. If so then I'll apply some silkofix and keep my fingers crossed.

#7 2018-01-13 18:08:08

Axelfols

How did your temporary repair go Cliffo?

#8 2018-01-18 10:41:59

cliffo

Still wasn't perfect, I think the water ingress also happens along the seam where the roof meets the sides.

So I applied some tigerseal along those seams and have pretty much resolved it:

#9 2018-01-21 20:23:29

Axelfols

Nice job! I did something similar along the top of the side door runner. I attempted to remove the runner but it wouldn't budge and it was bloody freezing so i gave up. A thin bead of white sealant along the top of the runner and no leaks so far. I'l do the same as you have done along the roof for good measure. Thanks for putting up the pics.

Board footer