The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-03 09:01:20

Ricko

Round the Cumbrian peninsula, then I had to cross the border!

Had a short trip away to recharge my batteries.
Left the M6 and headed clockwise around the Western edge of Cumbria.
image_20180603-0738.jpeg
Stopped off at Flookburgh for the ubiquitous packet pasta with pepperami.

Too many notices stating No Overnight Parking so that ruled out several great locations, pity as I'd hoped to stay next to Wastwater.

Carried on around the coast and found a great little pull in away from the road just south of Allonby. Next day had a wander around Silloth and then some exploring looking for the remains of the Solway viaduct near the VLF aerials near Anthorn.

Dropped into Brampton for a quick nose around after I'd fought my way out of Carlisle then crossed the border and headed for the Scottish side of the Solway (yeah, I know, I'm always around that part). Made some food at the Caerlaverock car park (nice and quiet) and returned to a nice little pull in south of Glencaple.
image_20180603-0749.jpeg
Campers are allowed on the quayside at Glencaple but it was looking a little crowded this time, out of season I might go there in the future.
Next day I passed through Dumfries and headed on round the coast. A few points; very well maintained public loos in the car park at New Abbey; good little overnight pull in just off the A710 at Drumburn just before Kirkbean (room for a few vans, one that I'll use out of season when it looks less busy); room on the car park at Carsethorne beach for vans (again, a few campers there so one that I'll use out of season when there's less people)
I pulled in at Carsethorne, went for a wander on the beach then lay in the van reading with the side door slightly ajar. Had a late afternoon snooze then headed back to the M6 and home.

2004 Citroen Dispatch 2.0 Hdi

#2 2018-06-04 00:59:25

kenbw2
Administrator

Re: Round the Cumbrian peninsula, then I had to cross the border!

Always good to get out for a laid back trip. FYI I've stayed at Wastwater before where there's no signposted restrictions - nice single spot: https://goo.gl/maps/aUbNA14oz5L2

I notice a lot of us are around the Scottish borders a lot. We should do a meet round there.

Last edited by kenbw2 (2018-06-04 01:00:15)

2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

#3 2018-06-10 15:29:47

luthier

Nice one big_smile  ye cannae beat a wee trip to blow away the cobwebs and recharge the batteries (y)

#4 2018-06-10 16:29:52

Ricko

luthier wrote:

Nice one big_smile  ye cannae beat a wee trip to blow away the cobwebs and recharge the batteries (y)

I sleep so well when I'm on the road, can easy do 10 hours of zzzz at night.

2004 Citroen Dispatch 2.0 Hdi

#5 2018-06-10 23:26:24

vaz2121

Ricko wrote:
luthier wrote:

I sleep so well when I'm on the road, can easy do 10 hours of zzzz at night.

Great to hear of these mini adventures (or longer) and pleased to see areas that we frequent also being appreciated

I have that tendency as well to sleep far longer and better in van than at home mostly.........................................

Board footer