The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-26 23:18:40

Shrubber101

PLEASE HELP. You guys are my only hope!

My key has snapped off in the ignition of my Citroen Dispatch y reg and I only have one key. Luckily it still starts by putting the other end in and turning it.
Unfortunatly its also the same key to open fuel cap with.
Ive spent the last two days phoning around and waiting for locksmiths that never show up. Seems that none of them want to know even though I thought that was there job ffs.
I can live with using the stumpy key but I have to get the fuel cap off. The van is my only transport and im basically screwed if I cant get the cap off. Ive seen replacement caps on ebay that may or may not fit but il cross that bridge when I come to it.
I dont care if I have to break it. Im honestly not a thief. I have to get to work but I gotta fill up first. I just dont know what to do now so Im asking you chaps for any advice you might have. Thanks.

#2 2018-07-27 00:14:20

Casper

Re: PLEASE HELP. You guys are my only hope!

Screwdriver in the fuel cap and twist till it opens but not before ordering another

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Locking-Fuel … =R40&rt=nc

Buy a lockset on ebay and change all door locks what can be done for around 20-3 quid. I would just leave the ignition as is but i live in a nice area. BTW almost any fuel cap from Halfords will do, it just wont be as flush/neat as the standard one. Some company's can make you new keys from your VIN code. Even my old LDV i can do that but its finding one who have the database and i doubt it would be cheap.

#3 2018-07-27 08:01:42

Shrubber101

Do you mean screwdriver between the cap and body of the van and prized off or screwdriver and the keyhole?
Didnt know you could get emergency caps from halfords or lock sets. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by Shrubber101 (2018-07-27 08:02:33)

#4 2018-07-27 12:04:12

vaz2121

I've never looked at my van and if they are the same as others I've come across............. take off steering colomn shroud and turning the key either 1 or 2 klicks and usually on top of steering lock thing .... there is a button or small hole for a screwdriver ETC that you push down on and the key barrel should come out.............. this may help in removing the stump and haveing another cut or a replacement................

IIRC It may be the locking cap but I'm thinking one of the barrels has key number on it for replacement purposes.....????

#5 2018-07-27 14:16:47

Shrubber101

I went at it with a hammer and screwdriver and the cap came off easy.The plastic bit is broken but the actual plug is intact.just have to see if the emergency cap will fit. Il just get by with the broken ignition.
Thanks for all the advice.

Board footer