The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-15 16:45:00

tee_cee

Off road (ish)

Just wondered if anyone has experience with the "grip control" feature?
On our trips to the alps, quite often I end up on forestry roads to get to the trailhead for the days hike. The roads are usually looked after, but can be very rough in early spring. My main problem is the low clearance on my 2002 WAV, even with the Mad  springs on the rear, I end up scraping the dirt. I spend most of my time holding my breath
So I'm thinking maybe to upgrade to a Peugeot Expert ATV or Citroen Dispatch XTR+. Both appear to be the same with grip control. under engine protection and a raised suspension - 10mm?? for the Peugeot and 30mm for the Citroen.
Any thoughts would be appreciated

#2 2019-01-16 12:47:39

k_wyndham_t

Re: Off road (ish)

I know these models exist, but can you actually buy one, for one to be sold now it first must have been bought by someone new, and I dont think anyone really bought these in the first place. Its like trying to buy an all electric Berlingo yes you could buy one when new but if no one did in first place you try buying one now.

#3 2019-01-16 15:11:23

tee_cee

k_wyndham_t wrote:

I know these models exist, but can you actually buy one, for one to be sold now it first must have been bought by someone new, and I dont think anyone really bought these in the first place. Its like trying to buy an all electric Berlingo yes you could buy one when new but if no one did in first place you try buying one now.

Yes they exist, about 2000 Experts https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%E2 … mit=Search

and about 600 dispatch vans https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%E2 … tch+xtr%2B

The "grip control" feature was option on standard models, with Citoren offering a worksite pack for raised suspension and under engine protection. No way of telling if anyone actually took these options up. I suspect that there are some out there but the trade sellers may not realise that the features are there.

#4 2019-01-16 16:57:52

k_wyndham_t

I make that about 400 total and as there are none before 2012 they must be the 2012 onwards model.

#5 2019-01-16 17:01:09

k_wyndham_t

Would be fun though  smile

#6 2019-01-16 17:33:32

OAT

I would certainly snap one up if I ever saw one!

k_wyndham_t wrote:

Kept getting a feeling of familiarity with your name.  The penny finally dropped:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlLRgcjUkvw

Saw them a few times.

Any relation?  smile

#7 2019-01-16 18:11:16

tee_cee

OAT wrote:

I would certainly snap one up if I ever saw one!

k_wyndham_t wrote:

Kept getting a feeling of familiarity with your name.  The penny finally dropped:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlLRgcjUkvw

Saw them a few times.

Any relation?  smile

This one looked interesting - Crown owned, nr Glasgow https://www.gumtree.com/p/vans/citroen- … snow.co.uk
Outside looks good, but inside looks a bit of a mess. No aircon, so not for me.

#8 2019-01-16 19:57:40

OAT

tee_cee wrote:

This one looked interesting - Crown owned, nr Glasgow https://www.gumtree.com/p/vans/citroen- … snow.co.uk

They have certainly taken trouble cleaning it up outside.  Even painted the tyres! 

It would be another grand getting a pop top fitted and a lot of work swapping my conversion over though.  Which I would have to pay someone to do.  And although they say it seats three, there are only two seats???  Would be around £6,000 by the time I'd done.  Maybe in a year or two when the prices have dropped and mines a bit more knackered.

Strange. No aircon is a plus for me.  But then I would also rather do without electric windows and central locking too.  (Do they do one with a starting handle?  wink

Anyone any ideas what the white panels at each end of the dash might be?

#9 2019-01-17 11:11:46

tee_cee

OAT wrote:
tee_cee wrote:

They have certainly taken trouble cleaning it up outside.  Even painted the tyres! 

It would be another grand getting a pop top fitted and a lot of work swapping my conversion over though.  Which I would have to pay someone to do.  And although they say it seats three, there are only two seats???  Would be around £6,000 by the time I'd done.  Maybe in a year or two when the prices have dropped and mines a bit more knackered.

Strange. No aircon is a plus for me.  But then I would also rather do without electric windows and central locking too.  (Do they do one with a starting handle?  wink

Anyone any ideas what the white panels at each end of the dash might be?

Where the white panel is on the drivers side, that's where the snow/sand/mud grip control knob should be.
With the current van I don't have air con, and although I can live without it, if I'm going to the effort of transfering my conversion, I'd like to fix all the niggles I have in one go. On the other hand I'm not sure if I have the energy to comit to the work involved.

#10 2019-01-17 15:27:08

OAT

tee_cee wrote:

Where the white panel is on the drivers side, that's where the snow/sand/mud grip control knob should be.
With the current van I don't have air con, and although I can live without it, if I'm going to the effort of transfering my conversion, I'd like to fix all the niggles I have in one go. On the other hand I'm not sure if I have the energy to comit to the work involved.

I think you might get to more exotic climes than me.  I spend most of my time in Scotland.  It's vitamin D I need not aircon.  smile

Would there be an independent control knob for each side then?  Preset I assume as you wouldn't reach from drivers seat.  ???

#11 2019-01-22 04:03:26

vaz2121

tee_cee wrote:

On our trips to the alps, quite often I end up on forestry roads to get to the trailhead for the days hike. The roads are usually looked after, but can be very rough in early spring. My main problem is the low clearance on my 2002 WAV, even with the Mad  springs on the rear, I end up scraping the dirt. I spend most of my time holding my breath
So I'm thinking maybe to upgrade to a Peugeot Expert ATV or Citroen Dispatch XTR+. Both appear to be the same with grip control. under engine protection and a raised suspension - 10mm?? for the Peugeot and 30mm for the Citroen.

There is a company (French I think) Dangel 4x4 that specialize in Pugeot/Citroen conversions....... usualy for local authorites/police etc .......... But again hens teeth and expensive with it no dout

I do feel your pain and your worse than me having a WAV..........

A little over kill for us considering the amount we visit but access to partners fathers place is sketchy..............

So Ive been on a little misssion also looking for a sort of universal off roaders lift kit for not silly money of no more than 30... 40mm...... (This is somethinng I did on my 4x4 Lada and got 50mm/2 inches and what a difference it made for tyre clearence.... axle travel    ...........

A Rally type sump guard is easily made up and tied into loweer suspension arm bolts.......... the rear springs can easily get a half decent spacer stuck in .... it's the front struts that are a bit of a Bal* Ach* with what to do there

It's mostly aimed at Honda owners  but I'm told others are available to .............. Phantom grip LSD  ........ cheap conversion if you fancy opening your diff up           
{even cheaper.... weld up your diff    hmm }

#12 2019-01-25 22:00:52

tee_cee

vaz2121 wrote:
tee_cee wrote:

There is a company (French I think) Dangel 4x4 that specialize in Pugeot/Citroen conversions....... usualy for local authorites/police etc .......... But again hens teeth and expensive with it no dout

I do feel your pain and your worse than me having a WAV..........

A little over kill for us considering the amount we visit but access to partners fathers place is sketchy..............

So Ive been on a little misssion also looking for a sort of universal off roaders lift kit for not silly money of no more than 30... 40mm...... (This is somethinng I did on my 4x4 Lada and got 50mm/2 inches and what a difference it made for tyre clearence.... axle travel    ...........

A Rally type sump guard is easily made up and tied into loweer suspension arm bolts.......... the rear springs can easily get a half decent spacer stuck in .... it's the front struts that are a bit of a Bal* Ach* with what to do there

It's mostly aimed at Honda owners  but I'm told others are available to .............. Phantom grip LSD  ........ cheap conversion if you fancy opening your diff up           
{even cheaper.... weld up your diff    hmm }

Yeah looked at dangel a while back and the its £6k for the full 4x4 conversion. They also do a "trek" upgrade, which looks suspiciouly like the grip control/raised supension etc on the Expert ATV for £2k. The other downside is that there does not appear to be any UK agents.

#13 2019-01-25 23:36:36

vaz2121

tee_cee wrote:

They also do a "trek" upgrade, which looks suspiciouly like the grip control/raised supension etc on the Expert ATV for £2k. The other downside is that there does not appear to be any UK agents.

I've seen couple of 4x4 versions in/around France of the {Citroen/ Talbot Express} Citroen Berlingo 2.0HDI (Mk1?){Police livery} Looked the biz and would say they would appear to be up to the job as none of them looked as though they were that New................. Would have to be a fairly long term investment even secondhand............

I Thought the "Trek" was a Renault Kangoo thing ........... a friend of mine Abused one of those for a few years ........... ended up as a Two wheel drive, Major vibs coming off rear prop IIRC

Board footer