The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-22 21:17:32

Thepoolman

Side door locator

Hi guys, my side doors have a metal door locator about third way down which are both warn,  they locate in the door pillar, my door pillar just has an oval hole, or should it have some sort of plastic guide that the locator goes into in the side pillar?  Asking because when it rains I get slight water seeping through the top going inside the rear, I'm guessing locators being warn is not allowing both side doors to close fully.  Cheers

#2 2019-01-23 00:42:19

Casper

Re: Side door locator

Undo the belt mount at the floor and take a few screws out the trim and feel about in the gap in the metal for the door guides. I found two in each side after buying a set. They are a crap design as are the doors. I ended up sealing my O/S shut and after hours of adjustment attempts got the N/S almost flush but water tight. Next step was to be a stepped door/gate bolt so at least i could pull tight and bolt up from the inside.

me-6W2yOOg0BnvuluyPGCSw.jpg

#3 2019-01-23 01:42:17

kenbw2
Administrator

Yea adjusting the doors is a pain in the ass. I found it helpful based on a previous thread (actually it's one of the first on the forum) to play about with extra washers on the bottom mount. But it really is trial and error and I've found very little skill in it.

It's definitely doable though. When I put my newest side door on it shuts perfectly. It's not a fun experience, but keep playing with bolts. Let the door settle as far down to the bottom as possible, maybe try shunting it forward, make use of the guides.

And yes, it should have a plastic insert in the pillar. As Casper says, they're normally knocked through, landing at the bottom of the pillar. I know mine are. Failing that they're on eBay for not silly money.

Good luck. It really is about luck.

Last edited by kenbw2 (2019-01-23 02:08:52)

2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

#4 2019-01-23 03:37:44

vaz2121

Thepoolman wrote:

Hi guys, my side doors have a metal door locator about third way down which are both warn,  they locate in the door pillar, my door pillar just has an oval hole, or should it have some sort of plastic guide that the locator goes into in the side pillar?  Asking because when it rains I get slight water seeping through the top going inside the rear, I'm guessing locators being warn is not allowing both side doors to close fully.  Cheers

Funny we were just talking about this today and as said the plastic locator is most likely chewed and at the bottom of the door pillar and youu will get lots of wind noise and some water gettinng in...........

You'll want something like this..... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-Citr … ctupt=true ........... if both are worn/missing ........

If the metal around the oval locator hole is bent (mine was) in kinda straighten it a bit makes holding on to new locator more likely

#5 2019-01-23 08:26:10

Thepoolman

Hi, yes I did check an old forum too, and thought I was missing the locator door pillar bit,  that's the part I got on my e bay watch list Vaz, which means I'm looking at right part.  Yes luck is what I'm hoping to have. Van has been a good buy so far even if it has only been 2 weeks tomorrow.
Cheers again

#6 2019-09-20 13:19:48

Happy camper

Hi guys I had the same problem with mine so I got some new ones from ebay fitted them only for them to disappear inside the pillar so I got a big pair of grips and realigned the pin on the doors by bending them forward by about 4mm now working as they should no longer leaking and doors shut flush happy days

#7 2019-09-21 00:02:16

GRIFFIN

Yes I had the same problems, leaking round the top of the passenger side sliding door. The upper locating fingers have slotted holes, so can be adjusted too but I found the biggest problem was that the door was just too low. All I did was undo the three bolts (but don't take them out) on the bottom door hanger/slider or whatever its called these also have slotted holes, so when you undo them the door will drop. Just get a trolley jack and some wood, put it under the door and gently lift the door with the jack, until the bolts are at the bottom of the slots and the door is as high as it will go. Then tighten up the bolts and close the door, you will see that it compresses the rubber seal at the top of the door and stops the water from getting in. Also, if your oval upper plastic locator cups are being knocked into the holes, I would suggest that the fingers need to be loosened with the appropriate size of torx driver and moved in towards the door a little so they go into the middle of the cup, rather than knocking it on its edge and into the hole.

The door can be further tightened by undoing the three screws that hold the lock catch onto the van body you will see that these are also in slotted holes, simply push the catch in a little, re tighten the screws and that will pull the door in tighter against the seals, keeping out the wind and rain.

I've never taken my sliding door completely off but want to remove and replace the bottom door sliders which are quite rusty. Am I correct in assuming that the sliders can be removed once the rubber door stopper is taken off, presumably held in place by a torx screw?

Cheers, Griff.

Last edited by GRIFFIN (2019-09-21 00:10:39)

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same

#8 2019-09-29 21:48:28

Thepoolman

I also found that the rubber seal on top of frame not the door was unstinting, so clean resting back and been fine since

Board footer