The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-22 14:29:22

Haydenw

Fuel cap won't come off

Hi all,

Just picked up my new van - a  2.0hdi 13 plate Expert former police van.

Anyhow, I've gone to fill it up and can't get the petrol cap off. The key fits in the hole but doesn't rotate.

Is there anything I can do to get the cap off? I've seen videos where people say to drill & I've thought about trying a screwdriver with force...

Tia

#2 2019-06-23 09:54:06

tee_cee

Re: Fuel cap won't come off

Haydenw wrote:

Hi all,

Just picked up my new van - a  2.0hdi 13 plate Expert former police van.

Anyhow, I've gone to fill it up and can't get the petrol cap off. The key fits in the hole but doesn't rotate.

Is there anything I can do to get the cap off? I've seen videos where people say to drill & I've thought about trying a screwdriver with force...

Tia

Assuming it is the correct key, and the stupid design that scoops up dust and dirt, to deposit into the lock.
I had a problem with my ignition lock - initially it was sticking and took a bit of pushing and turning, until it finally stopped turning altogether.
I ended up putting the key in the lock and  giving the end a sharp tap with a rubber mallet. This freed it up, but it was still sticky. So I doused it with switch cleaner (Servisol 10), while shoving the key in and out. Hasn't been a problem since.

#3 2019-06-24 11:41:56

Haydenw

Re: Fuel cap won't come off

All sorted now, called in at Formula 1 Autocentre as i drove past and they managed to take the old one out - said it must have been a replacement cap as another key fit it - but not mine! Never mind, all sorted and no charge from the garage too.

Board footer