The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-21 14:04:53

Shakes

Brenda: the Rebirth

My 16 year-old Dispatch is at the 'doctors'. Not being a competent mechanic, i've handed her over to a friend of a friend to get the engine replaced after four years and 10,000+ miles with a blowing head gasket.

According to the texts i've been getting today, the old RHZ lump is now out. The 'doctor' has used the word 'f*cked' to describe the MAF meter, the bottom engine mount and the gear linkages ???

But he does have a brand new turbo, alternator, water pump, belts, hoses, gasket and clutch  to work with.

Plus new Monroe shocks and springs all round, but that's for later in the year.

All told, my van is having about two grand invested in it. This for a vehicle worth about £500.

Gotta get the basics right before starting the camper conversion....

I'm a worried man today. Please send Brenda your thoughts and prayers ?

#2 2019-09-21 19:24:27

OAT

Re: Brenda: the Rebirth

Sounds a big investment... till you see what 2 1/2 grand might get you.

If the motor is right and the work done well you should have an excellent base vehicle to last many years.

Would be interested to hear about your suspension upgrade when yo get around to it.

#3 2019-09-22 23:09:03

kenbw2

Re: Brenda: the Rebirth

Always pleased to see someone investing in their van instead of spending way more on a new one.

That £2k you're spending on yours - it'll be like new. How much would you pay for a van upgrade? Loads more I'd wager.

2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion + full time home
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

Board footer