The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-13 23:04:58

JohanWinas

Wind noice from front side windows, new rubber seals?

I have A lot of wind noice from my side windows, got hold of some wind deflectors in plastic but that did not help much.

Noticed that the rubber seals on the bottom of the windows are pretty bad, the inner one dont even touch the glass any more.

Got any tips for improving this?
Is it possible to buy new seals? Would be awesome to get new seals all around the windows.

#2 2020-02-14 00:30:08

Tiree
Administrator

Re: Wind noice from front side windows, new rubber seals?

JohanWinas wrote:

I have A lot of wind noice from my side windows

Are you sure it's the windows and not the side sliding doors?

I find that the best strategy is to wind your window down a bit so that it makes so much noise that it drowns out the sliding door noise.

big_smile

2006 Citroen Dispatch 2.0HDi bought in July 2013 - Partial camper conversion ........

DSC_0360-1.jpg

#3 2020-02-14 00:35:39

Casper

Tiree wrote:

Are you sure it's the windows and not the side sliding doors?

I find that the best strategy is to wind your window down a bit so that it makes so much noise that it drowns out the sliding door noise.

big_smile

Probably that ^^

I have no use for the slider on drivers side so the handle is disconnected and its ratchet strapped tight shut. I was on the motorway on Monday in lots of high winds and the racket from the N/S was so loud it was more like the door getting sucked open at the top.

Last edited by Casper (2020-02-14 00:36:03)

#4 2020-02-14 10:28:28

JohanWinas

There is noice from the sliding door as well, but thats under control. During winter I have the partition wall in and thats insulated as well, so no noice from the sliding door or my roof hatch.

So yes the noice I'm after is from the side front windows, both sides. My father recently bought the same type of van, a 2003, mine is 1999. And his van is A lot quieter, changing back to my van its easy to hear the wind noice from the front doors/windows.

The seal around the door looks ok, its easy to see that it seals from the grim and dirt and I cant see any problems.
The window seals are a bit different, the side and top is pretty hard after 20 years.
The outside bottom seal is so so, if there is water on the window and I lower it it just touches some parts of the window.
The inside bottom seal is 3-4mm off the glas, making for a nice big gap down into the door.

#5 2020-02-14 12:24:00

Casper

Dono if Fiat, Pug, Citroen still stock these parts but worth asking. If you dont fancy the 2nd hand route then measure the profile and try seals direct  https://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/shopping. … rtmentId=4

#6 2020-02-15 01:11:27

kenbw2
Administrator

In addition to the wind noise from the doors, I did used to have it rom the sliding window - it would move forward when slamming the door shut.

2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

Board footer