The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-02 13:36:24

Driver Mike

Scudo 1.6 (2013) Non Starter

Hello from a newbie to this forum with a bit of a long and head scratching tale to tell.

A month ago or so I was fixing that awful fuel cooler scoop back in place for the third time (what an awful bit of design) and I accidentally kinked one of the fuel pipes. I noticed fuel leaking from the engine compartment.
I straightened the pipe and continued with the fix. I then drove the van for about 15 miles with no issues. Then a short trip in the evening and it just died on me. No jumping and no noises...just dies and then wouldnt start.
Been like this ever since.It cranks and turns but won't fire up. both cam and  crank turn so Im pretty sure the belt intact, in fact In know the belt is a good'n.
Ive put two different diagnostic machines on it and both said the same...Cam sensor signal. I replace both the cam and crank sensors for good measure and still a non starter with the diagnostic machines still saying the same.
I have used the bleed plunger on top of the fuel filter housing no end of times and disconnected the three fuel pies and it would appear that no fuel is getting up to the filter.
The confusing thing is that Mr.Haynes tells me that some models have a lift pump on the tank and some dont. Also am I correct in thinking that it is only the return pipe that connects to the affore mentioned fuel cooler?
I am at my wits end and at a loss to know what do do or look at next. When I turn the key I hear nothing. Does this mean that the lift pump isn't working? Or that there is no lift pump.

Any words of help or advice appreciated.
Oh yes...which is which of the three pipes connected to the filter housing? There are three...one white clip one green clip and the other black I think.

Thanks
Mike

#2 2020-03-06 01:12:21

vaz2121

Re: Scudo 1.6 (2013) Non Starter

My vans a MK1 with a DW8 not a HDI .............. So

My only suggestion would be at this stage........
Make sure some how that lift pump is operating .......... (Pretty sure its fitted with electric fuel lift pump that hits 40 psi to engine pump that ramps it up to a insane level) 
{Kiss.... Keep it Simple Stupid} Check fuses first and that the fuel line is not split or airlocked and obviously lift pump is lifting  {go from there}

Diesels only really Need 3 things to run............ Fuel, compression and timing
But involve a computer and you could need 103 things

#3 2020-03-06 21:38:58

OAT

Re: Scudo 1.6 (2013) Non Starter

Pump fuse has to be first check.  Can you get at leads where they enter the tank and confirm live?  Maybe not.

Are you totally confident in your bent pipe repair?

It could still be leaking but not dripping if there isn't enough of a vacuum for the tank pump to prime.  You could have done the short trip on what was in the filter and main pump?

Board footer