The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-07 13:32:05

vaz2121

it's all relative

As noted in the past I fancied a little larger van and also considered selling Van because lack of use ability [not covid] at time and the future ...........
I don't know if I'm glad or not at keeping it ..............
Because we may get to use it more in future if latest treatments do their thing long term...........

I got a shock at price and age of my Van when buying it 5 or 6 years ago........
But prices seem to have lost the plot entirely...........
And it's not just this country or campervans ... cars and vans also ... everything............

I saw on youtube [of all things] a not excessively bent vehicle and write off a normaly repairable 3 or 4 year old vehicle .....
Because of parts availability or lack of ...........

I also then saw an online Advert for  same Van as mine even colour as my Van ............
Only difference to me was HDI 13 or at most 18 months and 5000 miles younger..........
and won't have motor-caravan class as mine is .......

it had no rear seats  only a permenant bed .......
No cooker or sink ... only a camping stove burner and a foldable basin..............

Great  probably built for fishing trips ..........
{It did come with a porta loo, an outside cold shower unless you boiled kettle, A cooler box and an outside fold up table N 2 chairs}

But it's not for me or partner and is marketed as a camper.........
I was shocked and all but breathless at the thought that "This was priced to sell at £8000"

I also watched a thing that noted Moterhomes bought new 11 years ago ... in 2009.......
Admitedly with full yearly service history and Approx 40,000 miles or in that region in total...................
Were on average retailing at more than when new .......

I fleetingly know this couple that right before Covid lockdown bought a new motorhome and were frightened at the cost to use it ...........
Then lockdown hit and two years later it's had next to no usage ...........

So was put up for sale and on the first day got three offers............
The Guy that ended up buying it traveled to Scotland from Cornwall............

[The money's are now put into a static caravan]
The Guy was picked up he had a pi** and a coffee and set off on his merry way............

But ...
He was a dealer ... so it was off to Cornwall to be sold again  and obviously more money.......

And although not much but £1000 is a £1000 paid more than new ..........
It seems good older Vans get a larger percentage of increase

It's all relative........
It's great when folk say "My house has risen by £20000 in two years"........
So sell ..........

Unless your climbing the property ladder youv'e got to buy another inflated priced roof over your head.............

But clearly the world has gone mad and it won't last...........
But do we have the Ba*** to cash in and wait for the collapse.............
{How long is a piece of string ? ... No I don't}

Board footer