The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-20 00:24:34

Pathfinder100

How to work out exactly which engine you have?

Is their an easy way to work out exactly what engine you have, prior to buying a timing belt or similar specific item? 

My van is a 2006 Peugeot Expert 900 2.0 HDi.

Peugeot Expert 2006 2.0 Hdi 110 RHZ / DW10BTED+ 5 Speed Manual

#2 2021-07-20 10:27:49

vaz2121

Re: How to work out exactly which engine you have?

My engine code "WJY"seems to be built into the VIN number............

From memory I'm unsure if it's the same for HDI's but It'll be something like a DW10TD making it's engine code something like "RHY" ......................
It'll be most likely stampted or stickered on block somewhere ...........

Only other thing I can think of is put your reg number into search engine at the likes of Carparts4less and see what it comes up with ............
If nothing else it should give you a part number you could cross reference at least...........

Something tells me maybe all DW10 cambelts fit all models {Don't take my word for it}...........[JohnDragonman is probably your best bet to ask there]

#3 2021-07-20 12:26:34

Pathfinder100

I actually did do the reg into carparts4less (which looks a lot like EuroCarParts under a different name).  It gave me 3 different parts, presumably because that year came in both the 1.9D and 2.0HDi engine variants (and maybe a petrol too).  From the vehicle report i did for it, its the 110BHP model.  But I will wait until I get it home and then start working it out from there.  Then get a decent timing belt kit and find out how much it will cost for a local mechanic to fit it.  But that's my first upgrade.

Peugeot Expert 2006 2.0 Hdi 110 RHZ / DW10BTED+ 5 Speed Manual

#4 2021-07-21 07:06:20

vaz2121

Pathfinder100 wrote:

I actually did do the reg into carparts4less (which looks a lot like EuroCarParts under a different name).  It gave me 3 different parts, presumably because that year came in both the 1.9D and 2.0HDi engine variants (and maybe a petrol too).  From the vehicle report i did for it, its the 110BHP model.  But I will wait until I get it home and then start working it out from there.  Then get a decent timing belt kit and find out how much it will cost for a local mechanic to fit it.  But that's my first upgrade.

Your right on all counts ...........

My Van is a 2005 1.9d non turbo .............
And they did do a petrol option that I'm sure nobody really took ...........
And the 2.0HDI.....................

Carpart4less is a subsiduary of EuroCarParts {A sort of badge engineering to have another route to sell more products to the unwary} and Both appear to share same on-line head office if you check address ..........

All I'll say is if I put my Van reg in only options and  expectation I'm looking for are for that vehicle ......................

Unless search engine has no clue what vehicle we're talking about..............Dispatch, Scudo, expet Vans are not exactly unknown .............

I'm sure it maybe made comment that the part my fit more than one vehicle..............

Board footer