The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-08-23 20:11:54

Sausage

Quick couple of questions!

Hi all new here.

Decision has been made we will definitely be going forward with one of the trio with an M1 classification for our long planned weekend camper conversion.

Is it worth pushing the boat out for the mk2 over the mk1? I actually prefer the look of the pre facelift mk1 but unsure what I will actually be missing out on.

Also, how straight forward is swapping 2 separate front seats into the 2+1 bench? Bolt on or a bit more involved? This is essential as we are a family of 3 and would like to strip the back.

Just trying to narrow down the search as far as possible!

Likely I will be asking a lot more silly questions in the not too distant future and possibly a build thread too.

Thanks.

#2 2021-08-24 00:57:08

Stu-D
Website

Re: Quick couple of questions!

Sausage wrote:

Hi all new here.

Decision has been made we will definitely be going forward with one of the trio with an M1 classification for our long planned weekend camper conversion.

Is it worth pushing the boat out for the mk2 over the mk1? I actually prefer the look of the pre facelift mk1 but unsure what I will actually be missing out on.

Also, how straight forward is swapping 2 separate front seats into the 2+1 bench? Bolt on or a bit more involved? This is essential as we are a family of 3 and would like to strip the back.

Just trying to narrow down the search as far as possible!

Likely I will be asking a lot more silly questions in the not too distant future and possibly a build thread too.

Thanks.

Mk1/or 2 they are all the same really, but engine wise if you can get one with the old XUD derived engine they are more reliable and a bit simpler than the newer DW8/B etc - regardless tho, MK1 or 2 the seats just bolt to the floor and are the same, although when I tried to remove my passenger 2 seater bench... I gave up when 2 of the bolts snapped due to rust, that may not be the case with yours though! smile - As far as I know you can bodge just about any seat in by drilling through the floor as theres not that much on the underside to avoid. smile

#3 2021-08-28 18:54:07

Sausage

Re: Quick couple of questions!

Thanks. Got one! A 2005 expert with the 110 hdi engine in. 200k on the clock but pretty tidy still so I’m happy. Let the fun begin!

Board footer