The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-08-24 21:14:37

kenbw2
Administrator

I can confirm 2007+ seats fit our Mk1 vans :D

Had a trip up to Ben Nevis with my niece and nephew. I had my original double passenger seat but the parents weren't too happy with the idea of a lap belt so I had to go looking for creative solutions.

I'm a bodging kinda guy so I have a whole heap of creative ideas. I couldn't warrant their safety though  wink

So I decided the safest answer was to rely on modern Citroen safety standards. Sure enough the Mk2 vans have a 3 point seat belt!

I'd heard rumour that the bolt holes are the same between the two, so I went investigating.

One trip to Nuneaton later and I had this in!

OMv8yUw.jpg

GxLyxWt.jpg

2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

#2 2021-08-28 18:51:05

Sausage

Re: I can confirm 2007+ seats fit our Mk1 vans :D

Brilliant! Was just coming to find this out myself! Cheers.

#3 2021-09-01 19:12:00

Sausage

Do the mk2 double seats have the seatbelt buckle attached to the middle seat or did you have to reuse what you already had?

Mines a 2 seater so I’m not sure how they are with the middle seat.

#4 2021-09-01 21:54:55

kenbw2
Administrator

With the seat also came a buckle which the driver's seat bolt went through. I'm not convinced it was the actual Dispatch one though, since it had a Ford logo on it  hmm

#5 2021-09-01 23:02:58

OJKernow

What a well timed post! I recently discovered this myself as needing to upgrade from a single passenger seat to a double ahead of our 1 year olds first festival in a couple of weeks!

Was lucky enough to find a Mk2 Expert at the local scrap yard with the double seat in good condition. Bolt holes in the seat frame line up perfectly with the holes in floor of our van from where I've taken the old seat out. Result!

Now for the fun and games, and where I could do with some advice if possible? I went out to fit the new seat this evening, expecting a quick job, but have run into an issue.

I intended to remove the bolts from the frame that came with the new seat, in favour of reusing the bolts that came with the seat that I have taken out from our van, as I know with confidence that these will fit the floor of the van without me needing to drill into the chassis to modify.

However, I've run into some difficulty removing the bolts from the frame of the new seat (all of which are the thicker size and so will not all fit in the existing holes in the floor of the van).

Double Passenger Seat Frame

As you can see, the bolt type is different to Torx ones that came with the original seat (and what I can see you have on your van in the above picture)

New Bolt

But I'm struggling to take these bolts off, as it appears to me that the wheel nut style nuts that are in use, are the wrong way around!? So I am not able to get the socket wrench on it to remove!

Bolt nut

Is this by design, or has someone put the nuts on the wrong way? Either way, the result is that I can't get enough grip on the nut to hold it in place whilst I use a socket on the bolt. So the whole lot just spins around without loosening, or tightening.

Am I going to have to get a bolt cutter or something on these to break them off?! I'm hoping I'm just being dense here and missing something really obvious!

#6 2021-09-02 00:43:45

kenbw2
Administrator

Oh man, I had such a ballache getting those out from mine. Tried some locking nuts but they just slipped. Mole grips didn't grip enough.

In theory, all you need is a thin 18mm spanner for those bottom nuts, and then just turn them against each other. But I couldn't find a spanner thin enough to fit in that ridiculous gap

In the end, I bought a nut splitter hoping to split the nuts. In reality, the (admittedly cheap) nut splitter broke, but it made enough of a dent in the circular part of the nut that my mole grips had something to hold on to

So mole grips on the bottom one, spanner on the top one and eventually and with a lot of force they came off

Then throw the buggers away and use your existing floor bolts.

Last edited by kenbw2 (2021-09-02 00:44:29)

#7 2021-09-02 19:01:56

OJKernow

Thank you for the reply, it’s just reassuring to know I’ve not completely lost the plot, and to hear that with some brute force you were able to get them off!

I’ll acquire a mole grip tomorrow (as a standard adjustable spanner just kept slipping) and will give it another go! Will report back

#8 2021-09-24 23:08:00

LeoMaath

If this arrangement is 'by design' the designer must have been covering up another fault. A mole grip is a necessary tool in your box, but I would grind a (cheap) 18 spanner until it would fit.
Cheers

Work slow, the quickest way to prevent faults

Board footer