The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-06 01:38:00

Stu-D
Website

I really need a rear arb/panhard arm or bush :(

I've got till 11th October then it's D day for the van if I cannot get one of these rear bushes sad I can do the welding bits but cannot afford a £200 panhard bar/bushes and the problems that will bring with the rust...it's not that bad, I did a bodge on the exhaust which did not have a downturn so it cooked that panhard bush lol, grrr. what to do, I want to keep the van but have 0 budget to keep it.

#2 2021-09-07 03:23:01

Pathfinder100

Re: I really need a rear arb/panhard arm or bush :(

The hacky/naughty way to get it through MOT is duct tape.  Cover it in it.  The tester can't remove it and as such the van can only be tested as presented.  In the long term, maybe hit a scrapyard and get another bush.

Their was a scrapyard with a bunch of Peugeot Expert vans advertising on the Facebook, Expert/Dispatch/Scudo/Proace group, the other day.  Could be worth sending a message to them to enquire into the cost of what you need..

Peugeot Expert 2006 2.0 Hdi 110 RHZ / DW10BTED+ 5 Speed Manual

#3 2021-09-08 19:52:36

OAT

Not sure what part you need but...

Can it be easily taken off and the vehicle be reassembled to still be a roller?

#4 2021-09-08 23:18:43

JohnDragonMan
Website

hmm which part is it you need?  is it in the bar marked "2" ? as i really wanted to change those bushes at each end too hmm
i ended up burning them out, de-rusting, painting everything, then for the bushes i forced tiger seal into them and let them set for 3 days. (been working on my old fiat panda for the last 9 years!) may be an option?

Edit: also heres the info of the bar marked "2" if needed from Fiats ePer:
1493135080    TORSION BAR   

Famiglia:    DA33 - TORSION BAR FOR SUSPENSION STABILIZER

rear-suspension-diagram.jpeg

Last edited by JohnDragonMan (2021-09-08 23:25:05)

- JohnDragonMan
Notice: I have the tendency to void warranties, blow fuses, cause fires, and other fun stuff.
Words of wisdom: Internally rust proof the sills and subframe! both skins!!. There's always user serviceable parts inside. "Oh that shouldn't have happened".
My 2005 Dispatch Camper Project big_smile

#5 2021-09-09 15:41:11

Pathfinder100

I think, from the other thread, its the bush the fits through the bar that the number 5 bolt goes through.  On mine it has the exhaust heat shield above it, but i think its missing on his van, which is what caused it to melt/perish.

Peugeot Expert 2006 2.0 Hdi 110 RHZ / DW10BTED+ 5 Speed Manual

#6 2021-09-11 16:37:05

AlvyLad

JohnDragonMan wrote:

hmm which part is it you need?  is it in the bar marked "2" ? as i really wanted to change those bushes at each end too hmm
i ended up burning them out, de-rusting, painting everything, then for the bushes i forced tiger seal into them and let them set for 3 days. (been working on my old fiat panda for the last 9 years!) may be an option?

Edit: also heres the info of the bar marked "2" if needed from Fiats ePer:
1493135080    TORSION BAR   

Famiglia:    DA33 - TORSION BAR FOR SUSPENSION STABILIZER

https://dispatchexpertscudo.org.uk/foru … agram.jpeg

Awesome!
do you mind to share your source of and Italian bro infographic pic?

(I've been looking for a something like it) here https://dispatchexpertscudo.org.uk/foru … hp?id=1436

Thanks!

#7 2021-09-12 00:28:35

JohnDragonMan
Website

its Fiat's "ePER" i got "given" a copy of it, however you can find all you need using the FiatFourm's version of ePER (sadly it does not do commercial vehicles but the mk1 Ulysses is pretty much our van..) :
http://eper.fiatforum.com/eper/navi?COU … GUI_LANG=3

--EDIT--

ahh no it does do commercial now!

http://eper.fiatforum.com/eper/navi?COU … INDOW_ID=1

Last edited by JohnDragonMan (2021-09-12 00:33:00)

- JohnDragonMan
Notice: I have the tendency to void warranties, blow fuses, cause fires, and other fun stuff.
Words of wisdom: Internally rust proof the sills and subframe! both skins!!. There's always user serviceable parts inside. "Oh that shouldn't have happened".

#8 2021-09-12 17:34:13

AlvyLad

JohnDragonMan wrote:

its Fiat's "ePER" i got "given" a copy of it, however you can find all you need using the FiatFourm's version of ePER (sadly it does not do commercial vehicles but the mk1 Ulysses is pretty much our van..) :

--EDIT--

Luv ya!

#9 2021-09-13 03:21:16

Stu-D
Website

Wow loads of response, Thank you all and especially John DragonMan, I owe you a pint!!!! - yes mate, It's bar 2, I was thinking of using Tigerseal as well LOL, how is it holding up? - The only thing with mines is that rear subframe has so much rust, I can see me getting that bar out causing more problems, but I suppose, what have i got to lose, it's not gonna pass with that bar gubbed so it's worth having a go! smile

I do like the van all be it slow and would really like try get get another year out it, it's the ultimate bangernomics things for me, I think io paid £100 or £150 for it, have maybe spent 200 on it if you ignore the camper basics and aye, it just plods along lol, I like old stuff like this (as my 21 year old golf continues to live strong lol) I think if I can get the van to pass this year I might then take the time on it, try get a better used front/rear subframe as that's not got much left in it on the front one, but body is strong on sills etc etc, chassis rails in engine bay not too bad etc etc.....trying to convince my self here lol :-P

Last edited by Stu-D (2021-09-13 03:21:57)

#10 2021-09-13 13:16:10

kenbw2
Administrator

I'll always encourage keeping these on the road. The 1.9D might be slow, but it's the last of its era being completely mechanical. And parts available right up to 2007!

I'll be the angel (or devil?) on your shoulder telling you to keep it going  devil

Last edited by kenbw2 (2021-09-13 13:16:19)

2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9TD XUD9 Camper Conversion
1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9D DW8 Disassembled Camper Conversion
1996 Peugeot 806 1.9TD XUD9 Spare vehicle
1998 Citroen Synergie 1.9TD XUD9 Snapped timing belt

#11 2021-09-13 18:34:23

JohnDragonMan
Website

hey no problem guys, if my vast.. limited knowledge i have acquired in the one year of having one of these vans can help others.. well it kinda makes me feel good to pass it on to help others.
see..  its not a learning difficulty..  its a different ability.  or so i have been told!
still if i can help others its all good by me.

must be good!
edit:

oh yeah..  tiger seal is working perfectly well.  my van in the somewhat short time i have had it, it still looks like i did it yesterday. my old panda 4x4's prop shaft bearings, well i did those like 10 years ago and they still have not failed. (i also filled the engine mounts full of tiger seal too on my panda 4x4 which stoped the gear stick smacking you in the leg when you came off the gas.. or was it on the gas.. cant remember now. good old rod type gear linkages!)

Last edited by JohnDragonMan (2021-09-13 18:39:37)

- JohnDragonMan

#12 2021-09-13 18:42:52

Stu-D
Website

AlvyLad wrote:
JohnDragonMan wrote:

--EDIT--

Luv ya!

Are you in/near Johnston street in Alva? Noticed a dispatch has appeared in my mate Stu's street when I was there last weekend, just clicked it might be you lol.

#13 2021-09-13 18:44:06

Stu-D
Website

kenbw2 wrote:

I'll always encourage keeping these on the road. The 1.9D might be slow, but it's the last of its era being completely mechanical. And parts available right up to 2007!

I'll be the angel (or devil?) on your shoulder telling you to keep it going  devil

I'm quite tight and will try to fix this van before totally giving up and then looking for another lol

#14 2021-09-13 18:48:54

Stu-D
Website

JohnDragonMan wrote:

hey no problem guys, if my vast.. limited knowledge i have acquired in the one year of having one of these vans can help others.. well it kinda makes me feel good to pass it on to help others.
see..  its not a learning difficulty..  its a different ability.  or so i have been told!
still if i can help others its all good by me.

must be good!
edit:

oh yeah..  tiger seal is working perfectly well.  my van in the somewhat short time i have had it, it still looks like i did it yesterday. my old panda 4x4's prop shaft bearings, well i did those like 10 years ago and they still have not failed. (i also filled the engine mounts full of tiger seal too on my panda 4x4 which stoped the gear stick smacking you in the leg when you came off the gas.. or was it on the gas.. cant remember now. good old rod type gear linkages!)

Sound buddy, I'm the same, if I've hgad to fix it I'll offer any advice I can to anyone else with the same problem, or any othe rproblems if I've come across it in my 20 odd years of bangernomics lol, panda 4x4, damn, my mother had a new F reg one of those with the vinyl fold back sunroof thing, takes me back that does!

#15 2021-09-15 01:46:26

AlvyLad

Stu-D wrote:
AlvyLad wrote:
JohnDragonMan wrote:

its Fiat's "ePER" i got "given" a copy of it, however you can find all you need using the FiatFourm's version

Luv ya!

Are you in/near Johnston street in Alva? Noticed a dispatch has appeared in my mate Stu's street when I was there last weekend, just clicked it might be you lol.

Nope, Guildford, Surrey, you must have really good vision to spot me from yours big_smile

#16 2021-09-16 23:34:23

Stu-D
Website

AlvyLad wrote:
Stu-D wrote:
AlvyLad wrote:

Luv ya!

Nope, Guildford, Surrey, you must have really good vision to spot me from yours big_smile

Lol ok bud, just assumed Alva near Stirling :-P

#17 2022-09-25 14:42:54

Stu-D
Website

Well, almost a year later than my last response, still got the dispatch, still off road but still starts/stopas goes, plan is to maybe get it on the road in October, still need to do the panhard though, tiny bit if plating on one sill and try get some cheap tyres for the front - The Joys! - Hope you all been well?! smile

#18 2022-10-26 16:51:48

AlvyLad

Stu-D wrote:

Well, almost a year later than my last response, still got the dispatch, still off road but still starts/stopas goes, plan is to maybe get it on the road in October, still need to do the panhard though, tiny bit if plating on one sill and try get some cheap tyres for the front - The Joys! - Hope you all been well?! smile

Sounds (literally) like mine completely gone too, used to get little knocking noise, now whenever turning right at slow speed some serious noise is coming from RHS rear, that I've kept putting as perhaps spare or even RHS door mount clanking about... obviously was wrong and even having had it checked by mechanic to say- all well, since also getting an MOT (nothing visible must've not been found) it's getting seriously loud now.
Doesn't look like , whatever it is easily found/part number was found, but I need one too then  wink

#19 2022-10-27 02:34:43

JohnDragonMan
Website

AlvyLad wrote:
JohnDragonMan wrote:

I hope this helps many people.

I dont know if anyone is aware but FiatForum.com host a parts search with exploded diagrams called ePER.
though its only for Fiat, you can take the part number and search for it on ebay, then Ebay will give you other part numbers of the same item that you can then search.

>>Here is a link to this wonderful parts catalogue<<

i hope that this helps a great many keep our beloved vehicles on the roads for many years to come.

It bleepin does! Thank you!

FIAT - COMMERCIAL VEHICLES \ SCUDO \ 2X SCUDO FL.2004 (2004-....) \ 443 SUSPENSIONS AND WHEELS \ 44305/00 REAR SUSPENSION

although my woes perhaps indicating t be part 8
https://dispatchexpertscudo.org.uk/foru … hp?id=1471
8    SUPPORT
what are your thoughts on it? ops

yes i would say its part 8. it should be pretty easy to get.. i got mine from ebay, not the most easy things to replace. i advise also replacing the rear brake flex hoses at the same time. they will be as old as the van and they will be tugged on a little when you do the bushes.

best eay to do the bushes is to use a drill and drill through the rubber, then use a hacksaw thredded through the hole so you can cut away at the outer "race" or skin of the bush. when you have made a nice sized cut in it, a hammer and chisel should get the bush out.putting the new one in..  use a very large socket abd hefty flat washer with a bolt and "wind" it back in so its true.

experience is a wonderful thing. it enables you to recognise a mistake milliseconds before you make it again.

- JohnDragonMan

Board footer