The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-12 14:25:11

vaz2121

Prepping Camper

Although van had past its M.O.T. 2 days before we bought it, I've had it down to a mechanic friends garage for a once over. (van covered more miles in last two years than its previous total 8 years mileage)
Maintenance record and receipts seem to bare witness to what we saw but still you always find a niggle or 3
1. repaired broken clip on rod for central locking (hence door was not locking)
2. Indicators going wonky every now and again (bad earth on tow-bar electrics... hopefully cured)
3.Waxoil wants in my opinion redoing...(something to look forward too)

As we are prepping to go away for first real couple of weeks.. For some extra storage, I fitted a roof box we've had for a bit... using roof bars off his van and so I can reach box .. fitted a tow-step (found grungy earth wire)
mini_P1120298_Snapseed.jpegmini_P1120301_jpgA.jpgmini_P1120303_jpga.jpegmini_P1120304_jpga.jpg

#2 2015-12-20 18:56:13

Casper

Re: Prepping Camper

What did you pay on the ferry and what crossing? Looking to take mine away next year but not sure if they charge extra for the roof box and what category do you use when booking. My van wont be getting the TAX class changed but if i say camper van when booking a ferry the price is a lot lower. As long as i put glass in i doubt they would look into the class at DFDS but thought i would ask.

Cheers

Board footer