The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-06 22:18:03

kevin7

Hi all...... newbie with an airbag question.

Hi everyone smile .....

I have a 2006 Citroen Dispatch. The airbag light had been coming on and off on the dash for ages, but has stayed on the last while.
Now, this wouldn't bother me too much at all, except for it's CVRT time..... (The Irish equivalent of the MOT)

Now, my mechanic has said it's the airbag ecu, but, as that seemingly costs roughly €600, I want to try out everything I can to fix it (or by pass it) first.

Where would I start? I'm fairly ok with vehicle wiring, so don't mind going at it. Just need some rough directions. Where would the ecu for the airbag be located? I've tried Google, but don't seem to be coming up with much information.

I've seen the therad about the Peugeot Expert airbag, but just wondering if the Dispatch is slightly different.

Sorry for the long post.....  neutral and thanks in advance.

Last edited by kevin7 (2017-02-06 22:18:44)

#2 2017-02-06 22:49:12

Casper

Re: Hi all...... newbie with an airbag question.

Before dicking about with any plugs/sensors you are meant to disconnect the battery a good half hour before hand. Good chance you have sensors under the seat or seats of you have two bags. Clean them up first and check all wires are tight in the plastic plugs as crap getting put under the seat can pull on them. Another option is the clock round the wheel id shot or the wire connector. You need to take the shroud off to see this and the wheel off to change. This is not yours but it looks like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Airbag-Sq … 3641.l6368

The clock is what buggered up on my 306. Took one out the scrap yard. Good luck.

Oh. if it turns out your seat sensor is buggered you can get a little box to fool the ecu. You need to go to the fiat forum and do a search as there is info about them on that site. If you cave to ask tell them you have a scudo, you will get a faster answer smile

Good luck.

#3 2017-02-06 22:56:13

OAT

Hello kevin.  smile

When I was recently looking into which van to buy I looked at one with this fault.  When I looked further into it I found it was quite common.  On searching for fixes I ended up watching a few clips on youtube claiming a simple and cheap cure.

Wasn't simple enough for me though, especially considering the consequences of getting it wrong.

So while I can't judge or recommend them I will just point out that there are some quite detailed clips on the subject if you haven't yet seen them.

#4 2017-02-06 22:57:51

kevin7

Thanks a million for the reply Casper. Appreciate that.

I'll give it a go tomorrow evening after work and see how I get on.

I'll keep ya posted...... Hopefully it can be sorted reasonably cheaply.....

#5 2017-02-06 23:02:48

kevin7

Thanks OAT.... I had seen 1 video on YouTube ok where a guy put a resistor in to keep the light on with the ignition and switch off when the engine started. I think that was a Berlingo, but I'm sure it would be more or less the same with the Dispatch.

I'll try Caspers options first, as I'd rather have it working if it's a cheap or easy fix..... but if it's expensive, I'll consdier the resistor option.

Thanks again OAT.....

By the way guys, took me a while to find this forum, but I'm already delighted I did!

#6 2017-02-06 23:54:54

Casper

Its a quiet forum Kevin. You can ask something one night and get an answer the next but being dedicated to the vans there is plenty help and advice.

#7 2017-02-07 15:18:34

kevin7

Ah yeah, it might be quiet, but once you get a bit of help, advice or general 'pointing in the right direction', what more can ya ask for? ?

Maybe not as popular as the Transporters or Transits or whatever, but a great little van none the less.

#8 2017-02-07 15:59:44

Casper

kevin7 wrote:

Ah yeah, it might be quiet, but once you get a bit of help, advice or general 'pointing in the right direction', what more can ya ask for? ?

Maybe not as popular as the Transporters or Transits or whatever, but a great little van none the less.

If i had the LWB like what they have in Euro land then i would have kept mine. Just a slight lack of space/room for us and the dog for our Eurl Jollys. It would have also been worth looking into getting a tin opener on the roof. Not for a pop top but something higher and permanent.

#9 2017-02-12 13:47:29

monkeynut

kevin7 wrote:

they dont rot like transits either , not that little either when parked up alongside a SWB T5 smile

#10 2019-04-07 12:00:26

Skippy

I have same issue. Cant find the airbag control module to see if any connectors are faulty.

Can anyone please tell me where it is?

NB it is definitely not under the seat  or under the floor under either seat.

There are two wires coming from the handbrake (next to the door drivers side french lefthand drive)

No wiring at all goes to either the seatbelt clip nor under the seats

#11 2019-04-07 14:23:01

OAT

I think those wires near the handbrake are from the seatbelt pre-tensioners?

Board footer