The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-14 12:52:52

Gareth

How to get subwoofer power cable to battery?

I have been at this for a little while now. Trying to run a cable through the bulkhead. There are grommets where the bonnet release cable comes out. It has a spare hole but is backed by hard yellow plastic. Anyone got any experience of opening up and using these grommets. Any other solutions for getting the cable through?

Attached is the back of the double grommet on the passenger side. You can just about see the two yellow dots. There are very hard to reach. Can they be used opened up?

IMG_1087.jpeg

#2 2016-02-14 19:42:15

Gareth

Re: How to get subwoofer power cable to battery?

Wondering if the yellow things may be something like this.

100pcs-car-plastic-clip-fastener-body-side-moulding-floor-trunk-screw-grommet-for-nissan-0128-00601_.jpg

#3 2016-02-16 21:02:26

Casper

Crap picture but that looks like one of those plugs you pop in then screw a screw/bolt into. Does it have a threaded hole in the middle?

#4 2016-02-17 09:23:52

Gareth

I think that is exactly what it is Casper. It is very hard to access so very difficult to get a better picture but after googling it seems to be one of those. Wondering on the best way to get it out. The polite way by taking the lower dash off of the rude way by just trying to screw/ nail/ bust through it.

The good news is that it must be designed to be removed as the same hole next to it has the bonnet release cable going through it. So get the yellow plastic thing out of the way and there is a great route for wiring a thick gauge power cable to the battery !

#5 2016-03-06 20:43:40

unter
Website

i have a sub and amp, i gave up with the bulkhead!  i found a great way through the left (battery and air filter side) wing, just put the red power lead through the wing, use a stick to push it through (:  and then it goes through a plastic door wires thing into thevan, your welcome!  and it looks fine and is out the way making use of that wing space lol.

monkey vano

#6 2016-03-11 16:51:07

Gareth

So do you start in the engine and work your way back in to the van? Any chance of a bit more detail. Thanks.

#7 2016-10-19 17:15:47

unter
Website

yes you disconnect the battery, put your amp power lead through the wing, it comes out near the door hinge, put the wire through with the other wires into the cabin, it has been 2 years now, no problem.
hopefully it never shorts out on the bodywork.

monkey vano

#8 2016-10-19 22:02:51

Casper

unter wrote:

yes you disconnect the battery, put your amp power lead through the wing, it comes out near the door hinge, put the wire through with the other wires into the cabin, it has been 2 years now, no problem.
hopefully it never shorts out on the bodywork.

That is teh route i ended up going with my leisure battery live.

#9 2017-03-01 20:39:52

Simian-Gimp

I think this just saved my spot light wiring woes, too. Cheers!
If anyone happens to know what colour the main beam wire from the back of the switch/stalk is, too... that would be amazing hmm
Can't find a straightforward diagram anywhere, detailing the colours.

Thanks
L

Board footer