The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-29 19:42:22

Hughie

Remote locking Key fob

Hi I have just got hold of a Citreon Dispatch. The remote Key fob which should have 2 buttons on the side is broken....it has no buttons and no circuit board inside......there is another separate key that unlocks the van and you hear the central locking work, and the key on the broken fob starts the van...I can also see what I believe to be the chip in the broken fob.

Where would I get another fob from and would it have to be programmed, would it be expensive..?

Many Thanks

Hughie

#2 2017-04-30 10:55:13

tee_cee

Re: Remote locking Key fob

Hi,

I've been meaning to post some info on this, so sorry for the long reply.

I assume that the key looks like this
Key

Probably the easiest/cheapest way for you would be to get a secondhand key from eBay, and call a few Auto locksmiths to see if they can program the remote. Alternatively I've seen some people volunteer to reprogram on the citroen/peugeot forums - but you would need to have the vehicle PIN (see below) to do this.

The circuit boards never come up on eBay, but second hand keys do (Xantia/Xsara seem to be most common)- expect to pay £10-£15.

Unfortunately it's not a simple matter to program these

There are two types of key, the older IR key (I think these have a red LED on the key), and the newer RF key.
The only way to program the RF key is with the Peugeot/Citroen Lexia 3 diag interface - eBay ~£50.
The software that comes with these PP2000 is usually a hacked mashup that takes a lot of faffing about to get working (only runs on XP/ or XP virtual machine)
Once it is installed you will need the van pin code, which would have been on a card with the van docs - something like "JBS2". If you don't have the code there are people that can lookup the code for $25 - search for "citroen pin from vin"
Once all of this is working the scary part is that you have to reprogram all the remotes & transponders at once.
So if it screws up, you can be left with nothing.

Incidentally the transponders are one time programmable, so a when virgin key is programmed the first time, it is paired to the van - after that the transponder will only work with that vehicle. So getting a second hand key, means that you will need a new virgin transponder as well. Unfortunately different transponders seem to be in use. In my case (2002 van) I could read the transponder markings, which were PCF7931AS transponder ID33 however the guy I bought the key blanks from stated "A Philips ID33 (T5) transponder chip was used on the Peugeot Expert from 1997 to 2001. It then changed to a Philips Crypto II (T14)". The remotes are hard coded, and can be reused on different vehicles.

Getting the key cut requires a code eg  5064613, but online key cutters are able to work this out from a good photo. The key blade type is SX9 and the number for the blade (inc. transponder ID33) is 9926FG.

#3 2017-05-01 10:00:56

Hughie

Hi and thanks for the info, as it happens I have a card with the van code on it....and yes the key fob looks like the one on your post.
It certainly isn't a simple thing to get sorted by the looks of it !!

#4 2017-05-01 11:42:54

tee_cee

Had a quick look on eBay, and this key/remote blank came up for £20 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232305233810
Would buy it myself, if I didn't have 4 remotes already  smile

#5 2017-05-01 14:08:39

Hughie

Thanks again I have saved it in my listing and will have a word with a local dealer to see if he can programme it before I buy it.

#6 2017-05-01 18:33:12

vaz2121

I lost my second key a while back and on our way to Spain last Sept decided it would be best to have more than just the one and stopped off on route in Carlisle
Took my remote key into a cobblers of all places and he cloned a spare key without remote that my partner now has....

For the Grand sum of £45....

#7 2017-05-31 21:32:54

Madcat

Instead of starting a new topic I thought I'd revive this .

I've only one key and not got the card with the code on it . what are my options ? Van has central locking which is first for me .

Friend may find the spare key and the card but is mad busy so I don't want to bug him about it .

Edit to add . Just read post further up the thread . Doesn't look easy .

Last edited by Madcat (2017-05-31 21:35:59)

The light at the end of the tunnel is probably a big northwich coming the other way

#8 2020-08-09 08:39:40

Chrissim

This dates back a few years but the problem keeps popping up.
I had problem with remote fob which was damaged.
Buttons did work but had holes in the surface of the casing.
Replaced the casing with brand new one on Aliexpress
Cost me about $3.00.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3300206 … web201603_
I removed the circuit board and put it straight into the new casing.
Removed the metal key , it's held in by a small pin and added it to the new casing.
Works like a charm .
Both the remote and the key.
Don't want to look like I'm advertising but someone may be interested.

Last edited by Chrissim (2020-08-09 08:42:24)

#9 2021-04-23 07:04:50

dispatch dave

Is the spare key chipped as I need to get one

Board footer