The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-14 23:47:57

OAT

Expert Tyrol Conversion on ebay

Full 2 berth conversion but missing a seat which would make up the second bed.

https://tinyurl.com/yc5a45oj

While you might think I would be biased, I can honestly say this conversion is by far the best, for my sort of use, that I have ever had.   And I have had a few.  Absolutely perfect for solo touring and as good as most at this size sleeping two. 

It's only downside for many would be the beds.  Being made up from the contoured driving seats, they might not suit the princess and the pea types.  But I find them no problem at all.  Years of ultra light camping mats make these feel like luxury.  My partner can sleep on them ok but would like them a bit flatter so we are getting a thick good quality topper for her side.  Oh, and I can't say they improve intimacy but neither do they totally prevent it.  smile

If I were to only use mine solo I would take a seat out too.

Apart from that though a great conversion offering facing seats for four (-1!), and comfortable lounging in any direction with views all round beating that of many larger vans.  Full and easy access to all doors, all cupboards and all facilities even with both beds down.  Can get anywhere a car can and carry four belted passengers.  And, you can stand up in the back.

If it's as good as claimed, it could be a real good buy.  I almost wish I was in the market.  Took me 18 months to find mine and this one might be better.

No connection... honest.

edit...

Don't know why I posted it down this end?

Last edited by OAT (2017-08-15 01:54:29)

#2 2017-08-18 00:02:07

Casper

Re: Expert Tyrol Conversion on ebay

Nice use of space but hate the finish.

#3 2017-08-19 13:19:37

OAT

Casper wrote:

Nice use of space but hate the finish.

Never been a high priority for me.

I did think it a bit sterile at first sight and thought about wrapping the units.  But in use it's so practical,  and adds to the feeling of space.

I could get a wrap of smashed up euro pallets I suppose and be bang on trend.

smile

#4 2017-08-19 18:00:48

vaz2121

Was going to say I had already seen that somewhere  recently...... but realized I hadn't as the one I saw was showing the beds made up they seem to be relatively well put together vans if being a bit  pricey for there age but that's indicative of most decent motor-homes/campers .......  I have to admit was figuring to find a value in mine as I haven't ruled out knocking it on for a larger van but not until after whatever annual jolly we have first ........seen a few on gum-tree over last couple years when we were searching along with the C15 variants.... But everything is a compromise Bigger van more sh** ......burn more fuel etc.......... I'm showing my age but it was an old car then and an early attempt at adventure...... Converted seats to a bed in a Austin Maxi ...... I must also say I prefer a bed rather than converted seats ........To be honest if they still made a Maxi and with a diesel (Perkins Prima)........ As a camping adventure car I would consider it    tongue .......

(I still have although well past it's best before date: My Austin Montego turbo diesel estate)
There I've said it ..............  cool

#5 2017-08-19 19:44:18

Casper

vaz2121 wrote:

(I still have although well past it's best before date: My Austin Montego turbo diesel estate)

You are dead to me. Even if it had the MG badge it would still be a heap o shit. I was looking at MK2 Cavaliers a couple of nights back. £10k somone wanted for an SRi130   yikes  I do have a soft spot for them and would be happy with an 18ls or CDi.

#6 2017-08-22 10:16:12

vaz2121

Casper wrote:
vaz2121 wrote:

You are dead to me. Even if it had the MG badge it would still be a heap o shit. I was looking at MK2 Cavaliers a couple of nights back. £10k somone wanted for an SRi130   yikes  I do have a soft spot for them and would be happy with an 18ls or CDi.

It's actually got a Rover badge ops

I know it's quite an admission and you have a point but in my defense the Perkins Prima Diesel was/is an underrated engine IMHO hence my ownership

I also have a soft spot for a MK2 Cavalier........ A mate and I bought an 1984 B reg 1.8i SRI about 6...7 years ago ..... 40,000mls on it put about another 4,000 mls on it in about 18 months IIRC............ But was far to good, original and unmolested at nearly 30 yrs old (at the time) to mess about with so took the decision to sell .......... It ended up in Ireland and we got just over £2000........ should have stuck it in back of garage

Last edited by vaz2121 (2017-08-22 10:20:32)

Board footer