The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-31 22:39:51

faulksy

gear selector cable on 6 speed box

hi everybody, this is my first post sorry to jump straight in.
bought a new gearchange cable for my 2008 2.0 dispatch and decided to fit it today at a mates garage. remove the old one then fitte the new one, couldn,t select any gears, removed it again and re fitted same thing. in the end i fitted the old cable now i cant get that to work. gave up in the end and had to get a taxi home. so now i cant go to work tomorrow and will have to get a taxi back. nightmare. can any one tell me how the cables are routed or a picture would be great. realy am stuck here. thanks

mike

#2 2017-11-01 04:03:18

OAT

Re: gear selector cable on 6 speed box

Hello faulksy

Might be a bit early for yours but have you checked this manual already on the forum somewhere :-

http://dispatchexpertscudo.org.uk/forum … anuals.zip

The lack of decent manual really is a pain.  I've downloaded a few various ones but never complete and a nightmare to navigate.  Got the Russek (?) one too but nothing anywhere near Haynes.

#3 2017-11-04 21:24:28

Anchor1979
Website

Hello folksy,

I recently changed the gear cables on my 2008 1.6 hid, a bit of a nightmare but basically, make sure they're connected the right way around. So that the right cable is on the right side because the lengths are slightly different.

The problem I had was that once replaced it was difficult to select 1st and 2nd gears all others perfect, but the lever didn't rest in the centre position. I ended up changing the gear selector in the cab to.

Did you buy 1 off eBay or genuine one? I had an eBay 1 1st as half the price but it was even worse than the original cables and the poem one. Although to be fair I'd changed the gear box too.

The other thing to make sure is that the cables aren't crossed over either in the cab or engine bay, so that they run straight.

I might have a couple of pictures from when I did mine, so will have a look and post if I gave.

Good luck in the mean time.

#4 2017-11-05 08:28:49

faulksy

Anchor1979 wrote:

Hello folksy,

I recently changed the gear cables on my 2008 1.6 hid, a bit of a nightmare but basically, make sure they're connected the right way around. So that the right cable is on the right side because the lengths are slightly different.

The problem I had was that once replaced it was difficult to select 1st and 2nd gears all others perfect, but the lever didn't rest in the centre position. I ended up changing the gear selector in the cab to.

Did you buy 1 off eBay or genuine one? I had an eBay 1 1st as half the price but it was even worse than the original cables and the poem one. Although to be fair I'd changed the gear box too.

The other thing to make sure is that the cables aren't crossed over either in the cab or engine bay, so that they run straight.

I might have a couple of pictures from when I did mine, so will have a look and post if I gave.

Good luck in the mean time.

hello anchor , i have changed the cable, i bought a first line cable set, its a lot smoother now but still very wobbly doesnt feel right, the cables cross over on the box on mine or thats how i have done mine. pics would be great
cheers
mike

Board footer