The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-03 18:28:37

Shakes

Acceleration hesitation on HDi Dispatch

Hi folks
I have a long-standing problem with my '04 Dispatch 2.0HDi. When accelerating hard, particularly on a motorway sliproad or between 50 and 70mph, or when attempting to speed up on the motorway in 5th, there is a distinct double hesitation and lack of power. It seems to be always at the same point in the rev range, and fairly predictable - has been this way for a year and started after I dumped a bottle of injector cleaner in the (full) diesel tank.
When pulling away up a steep hill, it can also manifest itself at low revs and feels like turbo lag. Yet when the turbo kicks in, the boost seems as strong as ever.
Anyone got any ideas?
Cheers
Shakes

Last edited by Shakes (2018-01-03 18:29:36)

#2 2018-01-04 02:45:33

vaz2121

Re: Acceleration hesitation on HDi Dispatch

My first thought "MAF".... I take it there are no lights on the dash... Sound to me you could do with it on a diagnostics reader ...... Not just a generic code reader but a Lexia or something that can show live data, measuring blocks or whatever name  may describe it..... other than that it'll likely be just guessing............... Although as that engine went in quite a few vehicles has a general HDI google indicated anything?

#3 2018-01-05 10:33:18

Tiree
Administrator

I'd agree with Vaz - try the MAF first as there's no harm in doing so.

Disconnect the MAF sensor plug (comes out right-hand-side of the exit pipe from the air filter - disconnecting this does not cause engine light to come on on my HDi despite reports to the contrary) go for a drive, and if the problem goes away - then replace the MAF (you can get them cheap on ebay, mixed reviews but some swear by them) or £85 from EuroCarParts.

It's safe to leave it disconnected in the meantime if it makes you happier - worst that will happen is that your MPG will go down a fraction - but I've never found it to be a noticeable change.

2006 Citroen Dispatch 2.0HDi bought in July 2013 - Partial camper conversion ........

DSC_0360-1.jpg

#4 2018-01-06 11:30:41

Shakes

OK this sounds like a plan, thanks folks!

Board footer