The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-06 23:31:04

kenbw2

Sliding side window locks. What do you all use?

I feel like none of them have survived into 2018, they look like a ridiculous design  roll. I've not found any at scrapyards, and Citroen no longer supply them.

I've put a bolt through it and drilled off the screw head, but it's a pain to open.

Have any of you actually got any that have survived? If not, what do you use?

1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9 DW8 Camper Conversion

#2 2018-03-16 14:00:45

OAT

Re: Sliding side window locks. What do you all use?

Mine have something like this :-

image.php?filename=ft571.jpg&stockcode=FT571&width=350&height=350&&category=00070021000f0006

On a previous van with no lock, I used a cut down chopstick laid in the window channel.

I wouldn't vouch for the security of either beyond stopping the casual opportunist thief.

#3 2018-03-16 14:07:11

kenbw2

OAT wrote:

Interesting. I found that this is the one in your picture: https://www.trailparts.co.uk/Products/i … ings/FT571

Could you vouch for that one physically fitting in the gap? I assume it splits in two with one part on the outside and the other on the inside?

OAT wrote:

Mine have something like this :-
On a previous van with no lock, I used a cut down chopstick laid in the window channel.

I wouldn't vouch for the security of either beyond stopping the casual opportunist thief.

Yea that's all I expect. If they're determined to get in the glass itself isn't going to put up much of a fight anyway

1999 Citroen Dispatch 1.9 DW8 Camper Conversion

#4 2018-03-16 18:10:29

OAT

kenbw2 wrote:

Could you vouch for that one physically fitting in the gap? I assume it splits in two with one part on the outside and the other on the inside?

I need to replace the o'rings in mine and assumed the inner barrel unscrews from the flange.  I hope so anyway.  smile

Can't say for that particular one as mine where already fitted.  It looks very similar exept for the lock button inside protruding more which shouldn't affect anything.

It looks as if the outer flange is quite thin and should allow the two panes to pass. 

You might want to check on the barrel diameter with them as I don't think you would want to be filing out the holes. yikes   While doing so ask for the external flange thickness and then check your clearances.

Last edited by OAT (2018-03-16 18:11:34)

Board footer