The Dispatch | Expert | Scudo Hub

Get help & share your Citroen Dispatch (Jumpy) | Peugeot Expert | Fiat Scudo tips

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-09 15:38:39

k_wyndham_t

Floppy stick

Hi all

My Scudo has a floppy gear stick since I got it, unlike a lot of vehicles this doesn't appear to be a common issue on these vans.

I can select all the gears (vaguely) but once selected I have 4-6 inches of circular movement in the stick, has anyone had similar problems, to me it sounds like its probably a broken ball socket at bottom of the lever or similar.

The cable ends seam clipped on OK and have minimal play.

#2 2018-11-09 20:40:37

Tiree
Administrator

Re: Floppy stick

Evening .. Mine has been like that too since I got it at 125,000 - It's now at 175,000 and none the worse for having a floppy gearstick.

I'm sure it's fixable tho if it really bugs you but afraid I'm not sure what causes it.

2006 Citroen Dispatch 2.0HDi bought in July 2013 - Partial camper conversion ........

mini_citroen-dispatch2.jpeg

#3 2018-11-10 00:07:57

vaz2121

I've often thought my selector was Floppy and put it down to just being cable operated after being accustomed to a rod linkage or direct  gear change...........

My friend who has a pre-face lift Scudo,,,, when a cable broke .....changed his gear lever  and cables as for whatever reason a lever arrived also and was no end of improvement............ most of the wear he encountered and it appears I do also is at the gearbox end....... If you get someone to move the stick and you can see where the cable mounts or even if on your own can get a hand on the cable end you can see or feel the play ...........

Which is obviously amplified at the other end

( The ends of the cable are round black circular with on mine a white plastic insert that appears to grip the pin on the change lever ....... I can feel ... see about 4...5 mm if that of movement of the white insert )

#4 2018-11-12 08:42:43

k_wyndham_t

I have checked the gearbox end and everything seams good, so I am suspecting ball joint, or maybe both cables are stretched

Board footer